Changing the number of guests in a D1 cabin

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to book a D1 category cabin (2 beds and a sofa bed) for 3 people and then adding an extra person into the same cabin once the deposit is paid but before the final payment? The reason I'm asking is because my friend is looking at booking a cruise now which will be sailing in 12 months time (november 2013) but the 4th person does not know whether he will be able to go until sometime around June 2013.

Thanks.

I believe if there is room on the ship you can add a person, cause the ship only holds so many people. I have heard someone ask if they could add a person to their cabin EVEN though there was room in their cabin, RCCL said no room.... But, I'd call RCCL and ask them. I think there is a website that tells how FULL the ship is, but can't remember, maybe someone else can help, good luck and have fun :)

Usually it is recommended that you book the extra person as the ship can fill up and disallow higher occupancy (more than 2 in a room) but as you are in Australia I don't know if you would have to pay a penalty for cancelling that person, even before final.

You may just want to take your chances and wait to book him but realize that you may not be able to if the ship is at capacity for quads.

Archived