Carnival Documents No Longer Say VIP...Now Say Priority

ready2cruzagain

I just wanted to write quickly about the new word on the VIFP tags that says PRIORITY now instead of VIP and confirm the following.

Marketing have simply changed the wording; the process hasn’t changed at all. Diamond and Platinum guests will still board before FTTF guests and the Diamond and Platinum guests are still the only one allowed in the lounges .

No other changes have been made and you remain VIFP to us all and thanks so much for your loyalty. cheers

I don't care about the wording VIP or Priority but I am concerned that since I bought a suite and used to be able to be in the VIP/Priority lounge, the wording from JH now just says it is Diamond/Platinum only. It may sound petty but I spent a ton of money to be in a suite and it was one of the very Few perks you get and I am just wondering if it will be taken away. I saw this post on FB too and ask him about this but he hasn't answered.

I don't care about the wording VIP or Priority but I am concerned that since I bought a suite and used to be able to be in the VIP/Priority lounge, the wording from JH now just says it is Diamond/Platinum only. It may sound petty but I spent a ton of money to be in a suite and it was one of the very Few perks you get and I am just wondering if it will be taken away. I saw this post on FB too and ask him about this but he hasn't answered.

I think you're reading too much into JH's post. I'm sure suite passengers will continue to have access to the VIP lounge along with Platinum and Diamond passengers. I believe JH was just saying that FTTF passengers aren't allowed in the VIP lounge.

Having never visited the VIP lounge, what makes it so special? Not criticizing at all, just wondering what special perks I have to look forward to (someday, if I ever get to cruise that much). :)

Not much... you get to sit down(could be a biggee)while waiting or while getting your SS card. You are separated from the "masses" while waiting to be among the first to board... wedding parties and certain handicapped get on first, then P/D and suites.

Talk about change being good or bad.

Depends on if you were lied to by JH and Carnival .

Much ado about that ,more than you might expect.

A conspiracy under every rock.

Must be some shady doings.:D

Again if you feel that way just move on.

But I guess it must be more fun to endlessly post this sort of stuff.

Who cares.:(

I've been in the VIP lounge area more than once (Ocean Suite not Platinum) and there aren't always enough seats to accommodate those who are waiting.

Once our traveling companions went through the regular line faster than we went through the VIP line. There were only one or two employees checking in guest in the VIP area, so if there is difficulty with someone's check in the line backs up quite quickly.

I think the cruise line does a great job getting thousands of people through security and on the ship in a couple of hours.

If I have to wait a little longer it's OK since I will be on vacation.

Looking forward to sailing on the Freedom in 20 days.

Not much... you get to sit down(could be a biggee)while waiting or while getting your SS card. You are separated from the "masses" while waiting to be among the first to board... wedding parties and certain handicapped get on first, then P/D and suites.

Oh you mean the place I spend about 5 minuets to check in.

In Long Beach its a separate building. In San Diego it's an small area of the terminal.

Not a big deal.

The luggage tags for our OS Suite are the same as the luggage tags for our companions traveling in a Balcony. I guess VIP or PRIORITY are not on luggage tags anymore, just the boarding passes show PRIORITY. Previous luggage tags on our JS suite were VIP.

Exactly if there is a change for suites then it is NOT just a word change do i care vip or priorty of course not do i care that it appears a perk that i paid thousands of dollars for is being taken away yes if suites do not continue to get the same as faster to the fun then why pay so much more

Just buy a lower price room plus the $50 for fttf and save the money for other non carnival product

The luggage tags for our OS Suite are the same as the luggage tags for our companions traveling in a Balcony. I guess VIP or PRIORITY are not on luggage tags anymore, just the boarding passes show PRIORITY. Previous luggage tags on our JS suite were VIP.

We are Platnium and our luggage tags also say PRIORITY:)

Having never visited the VIP lounge, what makes it so special? Not criticizing at all, just wondering what special perks I have to look forward to (someday, if I ever get to cruise that much). :)

Not much really, water and lemonade. We could take or leave it, when I am there I'm going on a CRUISE :D:D:D thats all that matters

A conspiracy under every rock.

Must be some shady doings.:D

Again if you feel that way just move on.

But I guess it must be more fun to endlessly post this sort of stuff.

Who cares.:(

Obviously you don't ,big shocker there :eek: . Not a conspiracy in the least.

As far as posting as you do ,the facts rule against you.

I do as I please ,not what you suggest :cool:

I'm Platinum & I'm also in a suite next cruise...my tags say "Priority". When I looked at them a few weeks ago (to check the color! :D:o!) they said "VIP".''

Doesn't make much difference to me as long as I still get to wait in the VIP lounge, and as long as I still get to board right after any wedding parties....

I'll be interested to read what cruisers (in the next month or 2), have to say about their embarkation & disembarkation experience at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, with the new FTTF people.

I'm Platinum & I'm also in a suite next cruise...my tags say "Priority". When I looked at them a few weeks ago (to check the color! :D:o!) they said "VIP".''

Doesn't make much difference to me as long as I still get to wait in the VIP lounge, and as long as I still get to board right after any wedding parties....

I'll be interested to read what cruisers (in the next month or 2), have to say about their embarkation & disembarkation experience at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, with the new FTTF people.

Especially with how bad it was when they started with simple VIP there. It was an abomination till someone got smart and figured out how to do it. That is, The VIP line was originally AFTER security.

I am Platinum. My luggage tags say "Priority". My boarding pass also shows "Priority" in the light blue square next to the boarding time; however, on the left side of the boarding pass, it shows under "Guest", my name, then "VIFP #*****" and the word "Platinum".

So, I don't think it matters on the luggage tags, because "Priority" just indicates anyone who gets their luggage first (Platinum, Diamond, FTTF, etc.). But the boarding pass is what you use at check-in, and that has the designation (in my case, VIFP - Platinum) so that should indicate boarding order and distinguish those that get the use of the VIP lounge.

I'm not really fond of the lounge myself, be seated till your called in a crowded room with weak lime juice and cookies ;).A few ports don't even have one .Arrive later and the process is much faster.

I agree, been in the VIP lounge twice in New York (Ocean/Grand Suite not Platinum)and both times there was standing room only while we waited for embarkation to start. We arrived early so for us it wasn't an issue.

In Tampa they only had one employee working the VIP line and it took longer to get through there then it took our companions to get through the regular line.

We shall see how Ft. Lauderdale VIP lounge is in a couple of weeks, but so far having access to VIP lounge area is no biggie.

Whether or not I have access to my cabin at noon or 1:30 is not a big deal to us.

Archived