Car Service in Boston

alwalaska

Hi! Several groups from our roll-call will be staying in hotels close to each other by the airport.

Does anyone know of any car or shuttle services that may be better for a group than trying to use taxis to get to the port? Our cruise leaves on a Friday, so we will have to deal with weekday traffic.

What exact hotels are your groups staying in? An "airport" hotel could be in East Boston or out in Saugus. Traffic after 10 am should not be an issue. The least expensive way to get to the port by car may be to take the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and grab a cab for about $25 for the short ride through the Ted Williams tunnel to the pier.

What exact hotels are your groups staying in? An "airport" hotel could be in East Boston or out in Saugus. Traffic after 10 am should not be an issue. The least expensive way to get to the port by car may be to take the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and grab a cab for about $25 for the short ride through the Ted Williams tunnel to the pier.

I'm at the Hampton Inn at 230 Lee Burbank Highway, Revere, Massachusetts. We have 4 large adults and we will have a fair amount of luggage (14 day cruise to cold weather), so unless it is a van style cab, we will have to take 2 cabs and double the fare.

Also, convenience is a little more important than cost (to a point) since my mom has mobility issues and going up and down multiple van/shuttle stairs will be a pain.

Others are currently in the Hilton at the airport. Many of us are waiting to see if the cost goes down on the Embassy Suites (almost on top of the airport) prices go down before the cruise, but we all booked alternatives just in case.

What are you paying for the Hampton Inn in Revere? I am seeing our favorite 4* Waterfront hotel on Hotwire for 9/26 for $191 + tax. This is very highly likely to be the Westin Waterfront, but could be the Seaport or the Renaissance. All three hotels are very very nice and are about 6 blocks from the pier. All the prices I am seeing for Hampton Inn are higher.

You would pay one cab fare from Logan to the hotel of $20-25 and another cab fare under $10 to the pier. IMO if you have someone with mobility issues, this would be an all round easier solution.

I know I didn't answer your question about car services, but I can try to get you info on that if you are determined to stay in Revere.

What are you paying for the Hampton Inn in Revere? I am seeing our favorite 4* Waterfront hotel on Hotwire for 9/26 for $191 + tax. This is very highly likely to be the Westin Waterfront, but could be the Seaport or the Renaissance. All three hotels are very very nice and are about 6 blocks from the pier. All the prices I am seeing for Hampton Inn are higher.

You would pay one cab fare from Logan to the hotel of $20-25 and another cab fare under $10 to the pier. IMO if you have someone with mobility issues, this would be an all round easier solution.

I know I didn't answer your question about car services, but I can try to get you info on that if you are determined to stay in Revere.

We got the Hampton for $179. I'm really glad I grabbed it when I did.

Again, because of my mom, I don't like using Hotwire. There is no guarantee we can get a handicapped accessible room for her with Hotwire, but thanks for the tip.

I travel a lot for work and may have enough points for the Renaissance by closer to cruise time, but for now, with the prices available, I think we will staying at the Hampton.

With your logistical requirements I can understand why you want to stay at Hampton Inn. The taxi fare Is showing at about $25 incl tip plus the $5+ tunnel toll. So in order to make a car service worthwhile, it would have to be $60 or less and accommodate 4 people with a large amount of luggage.

Archived