Newbie Question: Cozumel Local Time?

graphicgal

We are taking our first cruise to Cozumel and I have one question. What's this about "local time" vs "ship time"? I've seen a lot of posts referring to it and have no clue what they are talking about. Does the ship not use local time as well? Thanks everyone.

Just to Cozumel last week via the liberty.

The ship does not change times zones. It will stay on the same as Florida. So in Cozumel we were told many times when leaving the ship and in the compass to stay on ship time. Cozumel will be one hour behind. The captain of the liberty made it very clear in his morning announcement to be back on board accord ding to ship not local time

Just use a watch and not a cell phone ( as they will change to Cozumel time automatically)

It can get even more confusing in the spring and fall as Mexico adjusts for daylight saving time on different dates than the US; I once flew from Miami to Cancun and officially landed 5 minutes before we took off? :confused:

As mentioned above your ship will tell you when they are leaving using "ship's time" -- keep your watch set to that time. I always assume that it is past 5-oclock somewhere and start ordering margaritas as soon as I hit dry land! :D

Good luck! :)

Archived