Better Deal- bucket of beer or coupons?

rach1fun

I would like to know which is the better deal between a bucket of beer and a 4-pack of bar drink coupons. DH is a beer drinker, and I want to get the best bang for our buck...

I understand that you get a discount if ordering a bucket. How much is the discount? How many beers come in the bucket? Do they open all the beers right away or can you save some for later?

If you order the drink coupons, you are saving .86 per coupon. If I understand correctly, you can use a 4-pack of coupons for a bucket of beer...

Which is the better deal? Thanks for your help :)

No they don't open all the beers at once unless you get bottled beer on lido deck.Then they open them & pour them into plastic bottles YUK..

Its around $20.55 for 4 12oz cans of beer & $25.+- for 4 16oz beers.

The best deal if you're drinking is a pitcher of beer for $16-$18 can't remember the exact prices. Hope this is some help.

You can use the drink coupons on buckets of beer, too. You save $2.00 buying a bucket of four beers (50 cents a beer). You would have to use all 4 coupons though.

The bottle thing is this: If the brand of beer is not made in a plastic or aluminum bottle (such as with Corona), they will pour it into plastic. But they do not pour all beers into plastic. This applies to Lido deck only (no glass). For the regular "bottles" of beer, you can tell them not to open all of them if you don't want them all opened.

2 years ago when we sailed we ordered a bucket of beer and for $1 a beer more we got Foster's 26oz as compared to other beer 16oz - biggest bang for your buck. We have never been able to get bottled beer left in the bottle on the Lido it was always poured into a plastic cup - they will not allow any kind of glass ware on the Lido. Even if you buy your beer in a bottle at one of the bars if you bring it to the Lido you will be told to remove it due to accidental breakage.

My husband always gets the Fosters deal.. Only available in main bars, don't think Lido has it.

2 years ago when we sailed we ordered a bucket of beer and for $1 a beer more we got Foster's 26oz as compared to other beer 16oz - biggest bang for your buck. We have never been able to get bottled beer left in the bottle on the Lido it was always poured into a plastic cup - they will not allow any kind of glass ware on the Lido. Even if you buy your beer in a bottle at one of the bars if you bring it to the Lido you will be told to remove it due to accidental breakage.

My husband always gets the Fosters deal.. Only available in main bars, don't think Lido has it.

We bought it on the Lido of the Freedom more than once - we were on a b2b and bought it almost every day. We are not huge drinkers but we would buy a bucket and would share each can as it would get warm and flat if you tried to drink a whole one on your own. Basically, you are getting almost 8 beers for every bucket which was enough for us each day. You can get it on the Lido - those ships that you can't and have to get at the bar - it is worth the loooooong walk

I would like to know which is the better deal between a bucket of beer and a 4-pack of bar drink coupons. DH is a beer drinker, and I want to get the best bang for our buck...

I understand that you get a discount if ordering a bucket. How much is the discount? How many beers come in the bucket? Do they open all the beers right away or can you save some for later?

If you order the drink coupons, you are saving .86 per coupon. If I understand correctly, you can use a 4-pack of coupons for a bucket of beer...

Which is the better deal? Thanks for your help :)

There's always the My Awesome Bar Program as an option......;)

There's always the My Awesome Bar Program as an option......;)

LOL!! Thats funny! On our last cruise, DH started out with a bucket in our room, I think he may have had 3-5 other drinks spread out over the whole week. I brought on a bottle of wine and bought a liter of rum from bon voyage. I left the whole bottle of wine and 1/2 of the liter of rum for the room steward at the end of the week. I probably bought 5 fru-fru drinks over the week.

Needless to say, we probably wouldnt get our moneys worth out of the My Awesome Bar Program, lol. If we tried, we would probably be stuck in our room most of the trip, toooo drunk or hung over to do anything!!!

LOL!! Thats funny! On our last cruise, DH started out with a bucket in our room, I think he may have had 3-5 other drinks spread out over the whole week. I brought on a bottle of wine and bought a liter of rum from bon voyage. I left the whole bottle of wine and 1/2 of the liter of rum for the room steward at the end of the week. I probably bought 5 fru-fru drinks over the week.

Needless to say, we probably wouldnt get our moneys worth out of the My Awesome Bar Program, lol. If we tried, we would probably be stuck in our room most of the trip, toooo drunk or hung over to do anything!!!

I agree. The bar program will work for some but for others that drink beer it is just wayyy too expensive. We drink Fosters beer and just to break even we would have to buy 8 Fosters a day...EACH...which is equivalent to 16 regular size beers each a day. I am thinking there is nooooooooo way we could drink 32 beers a day and remember the cruise so for us the bar drink program is definitely not the way to go.

Thanks for this thread...didn't know we could buy a bucket of Fosters. Awesome! Can take some back and put in fridge for later.

Just as FYI ... You can also mix/match with the bucket of beer. You don't need to get 4 of the same kind. They just take $2 off what they would normally cost.

We always get 2 Coors & 2 whatever DH was drinking in the evenings during the shows/comedy - the perfect amount so we didn't have to worry about getting another round later.

Thanks for this thread...didn't know we could buy a bucket of Fosters. Awesome! Can take some back and put in fridge for later.

I would recommend bringing on board a collapsible cooler to keep any soda or water you brought on with you as well as the leftover Foster Oil Cans nice and ice cold to drink at your leisure. With them totally buried in ice water, they will be even colder than when you get one from any bar on the ship. ;)

For Domestic 16oz beers, a bucket would be $23.00 less $2.00 discount + 15% gratuity = $24.15. Using drink coupons it would be 4 drink coupons @ 5.75 each = $23.00. Using coupons would save you $1.15 over paying for a bucket. On my last cruise, I tried my best, but was unable to secure at bucket discount when using coupons - I have heard instances of this occuring, however - which would result in an even greater discount (3 coupons @ 5.75 each + 3.75 + 15% gratuity = $21.56, or a total discount of $2.59 per bucket).

For Domestic 16oz beers, a bucket would be $23.00 less $2.00 discount + 15% gratuity = $24.15. Using drink coupons it would be 4 drink coupons @ 5.75 each = $23.00. Using coupons would save you $1.15 over paying for a bucket. On my last cruise, I tried my best, but was unable to secure at bucket discount when using coupons - I have heard instances of this occuring, however - which would result in an even greater discount (3 coupons @ 5.75 each + 3.75 + 15% gratuity = $21.56, or a total discount of $2.59 per bucket).

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Archived