Chef's Table

Hi,

We have just booked a 7 nighter on the soon-to-be revitalized Legend of the Seas next March.

The ship will have a Chef's Table.

Wondering if there are views and comments on the experience in the Chef's Table so far.

Overall, we have enjoyed Portofino tremendously on the Brilliance and the Voyager so I am keen to try, but I'm not sure what we are getting into.

Any comments and views are most welcomed.

We did the Chef's Table on both Oasis and Allure and the dining experience was fabulous. The chef and sommalier (we opted to do the wine pairings) presented each course - I think it was 5 courses. Each course was delicious and beautifully presented. If you're a fan of "dining" (rather than just "eating") you should enjoy Chef's Table. We thought it was worth the cost and will certainly do it again on the next ship that offers it.

The Chefs Table is a great dining experience. We have done it on Allure, Oasis and Granduer. We always enjoy the menu ( different on each ship ) and wine. Although if you are not a drinker, or someone that enjoys various wines with each course, the fact that it is a wine pairing meal might not suit you.

Although if you are not a drinker, or someone that enjoys various wines with each course, the fact that it is a wine pairing meal might not suit you.

You can opt out of the wine pairing. BFF is not a wine drinker and she was charged about $20 less since she did not have the wines.

By any definition, the Chef's Table qualifies as "Fine Dining!"

Everyone should try it at least once. The food and service are excellent!

The down side is that it is slow! If you wan't a high speed, McDonald's like dinner, skip it!

Plan on a 3-4 hour dining experience.

We just returned from a November 4th cruise on the Allure. We did the Chef's Table and I can confirm that it was one of the best meals we've ever had on a cruise ship. It was a great touch that the chef came out as each course was served to explain his inspiration in the composition of the dish. As a foodie, this was an experience not to be missed.

Hi Iluvcruising, we have done it twice on the Radiance with the wine:). It was superb on each occasion. It's unfortunate we won't have it on the Voyager. They greeted us with a glass of champagne and then there was a different wine with each course. I will bring the photos with me on the Voyager.

Do it:)

Cheers

Di

We did a chef's table on a NCL cruise last summer and it was perfect. We've also did the wine pairing on Oasis at 150 Park. I would love to try the chef's table when we are on the Oasis again in August. Does anyone know if this can be reserved before the cruise, or does one have to wait until on the ship? Thanks, Jan

Archived