If you want to give me a free drink, just do it!

jimdalva

We are gold(yeah big deal) and Carnival rewarded us with a free drink coupon, however it's only good in the dining room for breakfast or lunch. We don't drink at breakfast and don't really enjoy specialty coffees. At lunch we don't think it's worth it to stop what we're doing to go to the dining room for a free drink. Then on the last morning at breakfast in the MDR we were told that we can't use them the last day. Later when our breakfast was just about done, the bar lady was making her rounds we ordered our drink and gave her the coupons. She also said sorry, not good today. I asked her to show me that limitation on the coupon. There was non and she took them. If Carnival wants to reward me with a drink, don't make it so hard. In fact if they never offered me that drink I wouldn't have missed it and wouldn't have gone thru all the unpleasantness trying to get it. Just my 2cents.

Ouch...which ship was that??

On the 3 night Glory we had our free drink coupon with the *(standard) breakfast/brunch/lunch disclaimer BUT we had a letter in the cabin that said due to the short cruise we should use them instead from 8-1 pm at the Red Frog Pub or Blue Iquana

I used mine at Red Frog since Iquana was never open and there was quite a line up. Lots of others using their free drink coupon overwhelmed the two bartenders but at least I got my free drink haha:D

That seems totally unfair if it does not say you can't use it the last day ??

which ship was this, when was it thanks/?

We are gold(yeah big deal) and Carnival rewarded us with a free drink coupon, however it's only good in the dining room for breakfast or lunch. We don't drink at breakfast and don't really enjoy specialty coffees. At lunch we don't think it's worth it to stop what we're doing to go to the dining room for a free drink. Then on the last morning at breakfast in the MDR we were told that we can't use them the last day. Later when our breakfast was just about done, the bar lady was making her rounds we ordered our drink and gave her the coupons. She also said sorry, not good today. I asked her to show me that limitation on the coupon. There was non and she took them. If Carnival wants to reward me with a drink, don't make it so hard. In fact if they never offered me that drink I wouldn't have missed it and wouldn't have gone thru all the unpleasantness trying to get it. Just my 2cents.

I agree with you. It's only 1 drink. Why make it limited to special places, and special times only. the price of a beer is $1.00 in a store. The wholesale price they pay is much less. Why should you have to get a beer early in the day, and put it on ice? RCCL gives out a coupon for loyal customers - BOGO - for any wine or beer. It is good for any day, any time, any location. No restrictions. It is not restricted to a dollar amount either. I actually used it to buy a specialty beer in their pub. The price was $19.95. I got one of those for free. This was not a normal beer. The size of the bottle was approximately the size of 2 1/2 buds. Carnival needs to learn about customer service, and either give out gifts to loyal customers or not. But don't make it hard.

Isn't the coupon for a free drink? And doesn't it go out to EVERY returning passenger over the age of 21? A little common sense is all I need to figure out why it isn't negotiable in the evenings....besides, its FREE. They could make it really complicated like buy 5 get the 6th one FREE...or "get a FREE drink if you can convince someone else to buy one", or how about "FREE if you buy something for 10bucks at the gift shop" or "FREE if you book an excursion". And what about people who don't drink fru-fru coffee, or alcohol, or soda pop. What is their "freebie".

It all seems kind of silly to me to be complaining about something that is FREE.

And I always find the "well so and so does this" argument so trite. I feel like I'm back in grade school where everyone in Mrs. Brooks class was bummed because Mrs. Jones class got glitter to paste on their pictures.

you seem to be on a bit of a rant today...these are things though that have been discussed many times on this board so none of (including Cash Valut) is new debate unfortunately

Yes just off my cruise and had a few things to say. I will add that I had a great time, because we make our own good times.

Isn't the coupon for a free drink? And doesn't it go out to EVERY returning passenger over the age of 21? A little common sense is all I need to figure out why it isn't negotiable in the evenings....besides' date=' its FREE. They could make it really complicated like buy 5 get the 6th one FREE...or "get a FREE drink if you can convince someone else to buy one", or how about "FREE if you buy something for 10bucks at the gift shop" or "FREE if you book an excursion". And what about people who don't drink fru-fru coffee, or alcohol, or soda pop. What is their "freebie".

It all seems kind of silly to me to be complaining about something that is FREE.

And I always find the "well so and so does this" argument so trite. I feel like I'm back in grade school where everyone in Mrs. Brooks class was bummed because Mrs. Jones class got glitter to paste on their pictures.[/quote']

Hmmm...can you use your common sense to explain why it is not usable the last day even though it does NOT say that on the coupon?? that is what the OP asked about...maybe you can explain that one for us? thanks

Ouch...which ship was that??

On the 3 night Glory we had our free drink coupon with the *(standard) breakfast/brunch/lunch disclaimer BUT we had a letter in the cabin that said due to the short cruise we should use them instead from 8-1 pm at the Red Frog Pub or Blue Iquana

I used mine at Red Frog since Iquana was never open and there was quite a line up. Lots of others using their free drink coupon overwhelmed the two bartenders but at least I got my free drink haha:D

That seems totally unfair if it does not say you can't use it the last day ??

which ship was this, when was it thanks/?

We were on the Paradise 5 day out of Tampa Nov 12 2012, had a great cruise!

We enjoyed ours, we don't drink at breakfast either but ordered two buds to put on ice in our cabin for later. We had no problem using our coupons:)

The fine print on the coupon says 'classic cocktail or specialty coffee'. last crusie they would not let us use it for anything else. But the cruise before that I used it for mai tai. so its not consistent across the fleet.

They applied my free drink automatically to my S&S card. I didn't see the actual coupon until I got home. That's when I noticed on my S&S bill, one day when I ate lunch in the DR, they did not charge me for my rum and coke.

I think expecting its treatment to be consistent across the fleet, is ambitious. You wouldn't find differences in service from one Hyatt to another or one Fridays' to another.

Some of these posts do bring up a point I have never dealt with. Once a cruise has berthed at the debarkation port do they still serve alcohol at the bars to departing passengers and are there bar servers that morning in the dining room. I've never noticed. Don't think I've ever ordered a bloody mary the last day. Probably never thought about it.

Isn't the coupon for a free drink? And doesn't it go out to EVERY returning passenger over the age of 21? A little common sense is all I need to figure out why it isn't negotiable in the evenings....besides' date=' its FREE. They could make it really complicated like buy 5 get the 6th one FREE...or "get a FREE drink if you can convince someone else to buy one", or how about "FREE if you buy something for 10bucks at the gift shop" or "FREE if you book an excursion". And what about people who don't drink fru-fru coffee, or alcohol, or soda pop. What is their "freebie".

And I always find the "well so and so does this" argument so trite. I feel like I'm back in grade school where everyone in Mrs. Brooks class was bummed because Mrs. Jones class got glitter to paste on their pictures.[/quote']

I know exactly why they don't let you use it at night. They want to make it as inconvenient as possible to use it so that most people won't go to the trouble and Carnival won't have to give a free drink.

Not sure what "common sense" you are applying to understand why it' not negotiable in the evening. If it's something like they don't want people to get too drunk, that is the opposite of common sense.

I sure hope this is not for just past guests 21 and over. I have paid good money for my kids to travel with us. Granted they can not have a classic cocktail but they can have a virgin version or a specaility coffee. At the Past guest and other parties they have always had a drink for the younger crowd or those who do not drink liquor.

I sure hope this is not for just past guests 21 and over. I have paid good money for my kids to travel with us. Granted they can not have a classic cocktail but they can have a virgin version or a specaility coffee. At the Past guest and other parties they have always had a drink for the younger crowd or those who do not drink liquor.

It is for any past guest.

Not sure what "common sense" you are applying to understand why it' not negotiable in the evening. If it's something like they don't want people to get too drunk, that is the opposite of common sense.

Why tie up bar keeps time with free drinks in the evening when most people are perfectly willing to pay for their alcohol. There are enough complaints on CC about people not being able to get drunk fast enough because the bar tenders are so busy pouring out soda and handing out bottles of water. Add 3000 free drink coupons and see how busy it can be. I would think that Carnival is very aware that people won't use something "FREE" if it is inconvenient. Putting restrictions on time and place for a FREE drink is a win-win for Carnival. I'm not condoning the practice, just relaying the fact that it makes perfect economic sense to me.

Archived