Radiance aft cabin preference?

39august

My TA is holding both 1104 and 9260 until June 3. Any pros and cons about either of these? My only concern is maybe noise from the Windjammer in 1104? Unfortunately, 1102 is already booked!

It may depend on your itinerary. We were in 1100 on Radiance and had virtually no noise from the Windjammer. Now, we were in Alaska in September, so it was often cold & rainy and not too many people were out there. What's right above you is outdoor seating, not food service, so there isn't a lot of traffice anyway. It might be totally different in the Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad I was able to track back and find this post! I have 1104 booked on the radiance for a Hawaiian cruise. On another thread someone has popped in to say there are no lounge chairs allowed on any of the aft/stern balcony cabins due to 'safety' reasons! I've never heard of such a thing.

I was trying to find someone who'd had one of these cabins to validate this statement.

I am going to be so disappointed if it's true!! So, lounge or not to lounge??

I am so glad I was able to track back and find this post! I have 1104 booked on the radiance for a Hawaiian cruise. On another thread someone has popped in to say there are no lounge chairs allowed on any of the aft/stern balcony cabins due to 'safety' reasons! I've never heard of such a thing.

I was trying to find someone who'd had one of these cabins to validate this statement.

I am going to be so disappointed if it's true!! So, lounge or not to lounge??

I did a search on "Webshots" of aft cabins on the Radiance (we booked one for our Panama cruise next year - woohoo!) and saw lots of pics of chairs AND lounges on the balconies. I can hardly wait. Some pics showed only one lounge and two chairs, and some balconies had two lounges. I've been told that you can ask your room steward for a lounge chair if there isn't one.

We did Vancouver to Hawaii last year on the Radiance and it was, by far, my most favourite cruise. You're going to love it. Enjoy! Enjoy!

I've heard from several people very quickly to rest my fears. Yes, loungers on the aft balconies! I am so excited about this I am just in a titter over it. The cruise is a surprise for hubby's 50th and so I can't discuss it with him.. it's agony! We've wanted to do Hawaii forever. I am so excited to be able to go and NOT have to drag a walker through the sand! LOL! I swore we'd be going even if I was 80 years old. :)

Archived