Personal Choice on Caribbean Princess

mj

Have some questions about personal choice on Caribbean Princess. We like to eat between 7 - 8 pm. Can you make a reservation for that time or is it first come first serve. Second, if you want a table for two on some nights, can you do that as well?

I thought that that I read somewhere that Caribbean Princess did not take reservations between 7 -8. Thanks.

Make it 3. I'm a newbie to Princess so please don't flame me :D

I'm looking into booking the Crown Princess BUT being so used to Freestyle do you think we would like it. Can you dine when and where you want or do you have assigned seatings? What about breakfast? Do you have to eat at the buffet or order room service or is there a dining room where you can go have breakfast?

Sorry for all the questions here :(

What about Formal Nights? Do you have to get dressed to the nines or can you dress casual. Please Help!!!!!

Thank You in advance for any input......

~~Debbie~~

Debbie,

Welcome to Princess. I think you will become addicted as I have.:D

You can order continental breakfast from room service, have the ultimate balcony breakfast (I think the cost is $25), eat breakfast at the buffet or go to the regular dining room for breakfast. When we ate breakfast in the regular dining room we were with 6 other couples but I imagine you could try and get a table for two.

If you want to dress casually you can eat at the buffet. You will see those dressed casually in the dining rooms, but it has always been our preference to either dress formally and eat in the dining room or not to dress and go to the buffet. We want to respect those who take the time to dress formally but thats just OUR preference and you have to decide whats right for you.

I can't comment about eating between 7-8. I am a very early riser (3-4 am) so I am ready for supper at 5.

Happy Memorial Day

Mary

In GENERAL, these boards have reported that you cannot make reservations between the "prime" hours of ~6:15 to 8 pm. But the same posters have said that their wait times at these hours have been very short, the longest being 15 minutes, and you get a little buzzer device so you can wander the lobby area or sit at the piano bar. The exceptions to the general rule seem to be when the ship is less crowded, and/or there are fewer requests for reservations. It does appear to be a cruise-by-cruise situation.

Tables for two are said to be very easy to obtain, with no waits, even during the prime hours.

To Junior Cruiser, the Dress of the Day is for ALL dining rooms, including the PC rooms. This is a major difference from NCL's Freestyle cruising, where formal dress is optional. It is not "optional" on Princess in the dining rooms on Formal night. But Formal does not have to be dressed to the nines, although probably most do. There are plenty of mixed comments on what is and is not allowed into the dining rooms, however. Many report seeing folks dressed overly casual (shorts, tee shirts, camouflage) turned away even on the smart casual nights. Others said dockers and a polo style shirt was allowed in on Formal night. Run a search on "Formal" on this board--link is in upper right corner on topic page--and you will get a lot of recent remarks.

And lastly, for JuniorCruiser, on Princess, you choose between a traditional, fixed seating with the same folks and time OR the Anytime seating, where you wander in when you want with whomever you want. Both of those options will get you a seat in one of the main dining rooms. Breakfast and lunch are open seating for everyone in the dining rooms, but most people seem to choose to eat those meals at the buffet or grills poolside.

This thread is great. :) Lots of good info.

For the Princess newbie that I am, what is the additional cost for Sabatini's and the steakhouse on the Caribbean Princess.

Again, thanks for the great info! We can't wait for next October to get here!

This thread is great. :) Lots of good info.

For the Princess newbie that I am, what is the additional cost for Sabatini's and the steakhouse on the Caribbean Princess.

Again, thanks for the great info! We can't wait for next October to get here!

floridaboyz,

Sabatini's is $20 - I have the menu on my website.

Sterling is $15 - both are great.

Considering Booking Caribbean Princess for May 2006. Have been on Princess before PC dinning. Have cruised 11 other times. The above poster states to have breakfast delivered to room was $25.00 cost? Wow, Have never had to pay for room service before. Is this correct? Also, How is formal night if you choose PC dining? Dose it make a difference?

You can get breakfast delivered to your room for free everyday they leave a card on your bed every night you check off what you want and the time you would like it the choices are juices, fruits, yougerts,breads, pastries,cereals,coffee(was not as bad as you read) Ithink the 25$ one is a special occassion fancy champaine one. We ate every night between 6 and 8 and never waited for a table once. I think alot of people ate at Cafe Caribe last week because alot of people were dressed casual all evening inshorts etc. The dining room was the least crowded I have ever seen it in my 5 Princess cruises.

On the Island Princess, PC and Traditional had the same dress code. Just as formal in both dining rooms! Maybe the Caribbeean Princesss is a little more casual, but I think you will find each diniing room still has the same dress suggestions.

Archived