Day Passes no Longer.... :-(

Shawnie_Boy

Hi

So, I just called Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort and Grand Cayman Beach Suites, and both places no longer offer any day passes for cruisers. I was hoping to find something near the port, with a pool, as my two young kids 3 and 5 years old, love pool swimming. Any other ideas? Or can anyone suggest a good beach close to the pier that is nice and calm for small kids to play around?

Thanks so much!!!

Shawn

Hi

So, I just called Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort and Grand Cayman Beach Suites, and both places no longer offer any day passes for cruisers. I was hoping to find something near the port, with a pool, as my two young kids 3 and 5 years old, love pool swimming. Any other ideas? Or can anyone suggest a good beach close to the pier that is nice and calm for small kids to play around?

Thanks so much!!!

Shawn

Typically Seven Mile Beach is quite calm. It rarely has breaking waves. The down side is it drops off quite a bit just as you enter so for kids that small it could be a problem.

Another spot to consider, but not particularly close to the port, is Rum Point. It is about a 45 minute drive from the port in a rental car. Buses do not go there and taxis are too expensive and unreliable for a return. The waters at Rum Point stay shallow for quite some distance as it gradually gets deeper. The beach has plenty of shade trees. There is no pool on property.

There's no need to pay a hotel for a pool... The beach is fine...it's shallow and calm. If you want a pool, stay on the ship..the pool will be virtually empty on a port day!

A bus runs to and from the beach..$2.50 pp...easy to do on your own.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked grandcaymanforaday.com. It is a westin hotel on 7 mile beach. The price for what you get is very reasonable. Check it out.

We did this last year as well - and we are doing it again next week. You're essentially renting a room for the day - very nice facility (and beach.)

I would love to hear about other options though.

We booked grandcaymanforaday.com. It is a westin hotel on 7 mile beach. The price for what you get is very reasonable. Check it out.

I used this same company in St. Maarten and the Westin was out of this world. I'm so glad i saw your tip here, I'm going to try this one in Feb at Grand Cayman. Thanks!

Archived