Laundry Enquiry

tine-tine

Does anyone know if you can ask for your laundry to be washed on board using non biological detergent, I have a sensitivity to bio products? Reason I ask is I am away from home for a month and if I could use the on board laundry it would help with the amount of luggage I would have to carry.

Bio stands for Biological enzymes that are added to digest stains, it is quite common for people to be allergic or sensitive to these so that is why, in the UK at leas, most manufacturers of washing detergent offer a non-bio option.

Industrial machines cannot use products designed for home use, and anyway residual from their detergents would be in the machine. Not to mention to run an industrial size machine for your small load is a waste of water and energy. My recommendation would be to ind a laundromat in one of the ports, run an empty cycle of hot, then do your laundry. Or hand wash in your cabin, roll items in (already used.. Not unused) towels to get out extra moisture and hang discreetly behind your deck chair. Take some clothes pegs or a portable wash line for your bathroom. Take some wrinkle release and / or place under your mattress to press.

Or maybe consider a cruise line with a laundromat

Archived