Oh the Places We Go, The People We See ...Dream Trip Report

jenseib

9715110599_62cec164e7_z.jpg

One last picture of the light fixture and then we headed out and they were passing photopass cards to everyone as we walked out.

9715131961_89536e5fcc_z.jpg

This was a fun experience. I don’t think it will hold our interest for too long in the future though. As long as Claire wants to meet Belle, we’ll probably do it, but after another time or 2, I really don’t see this as being something that we can’t miss. Especially if lines are long.

We exited Enchanted Tales with Belle and we noticed that they were taking walk ups for Be Our Guest. Well we did just eat not too long ago, but we really wanted to experience this as well, so we decided to go in for some dessert. I believe they said the wait was around 30 minutes and we got a beeper. This thing is pretty useless as you have to stay in the immediate area for it to work. I asked about going out to see Scrooge while we waited and she said it wouldn’t reach that far. So I asked about walking through the rest of New Fantasyland ….nope, it won’t reach that far either.

They suggested that I just stay in the area and explore and take pictures. Um…..there really isn’t much here and it’s PITCH black out.

Well we had a bit of time so we did wander over near Gaston’s.

9715980653_9e7c41760f_z.jpg

And we took a couple of pictures of Beast’s Castle lit up.

9719210664_16af2f6571_z.jpg

9719210520_0dd5974f69_z.jpg

See how dark it is? Not very good lighting for pictures.

9715980125_e1fa6466a8_z.jpg

I think this is the Little Mermaid ride from afar?

9715979953_062af591c5_z.jpg

And we were afraid we would miss the buzzer, so we went back near Be Our Guest.

bog19.jpg

But we were too afraid we would miss our calling and went right back.

9733550279_568e2efb0d_z.jpg

Right at about the 30 minute mark we did get called in!

bog22.jpg

We were so excited and I will tell you the pictures are not great. Lighting is horrible in there. Flash pictures don’t come out quite right, nor do non flash pictures. I need to go a few more times to hopefully get it right.

We were seated in the ballroom and they told us we could watch the snow falling out the window. They almost made it sound like it changed from day to day, but from what I have read from others, it is always snow falling.

We had a cute rose napkin on our plates.

bog23.jpg

Claire was super excited.

bog24.jpg

bog25.jpg

We made our orders. I decided on the French onion soup and the chocolate cream puff. Claire insisted she was very hungry and ordered the kids steak meal and the strawberry cream cheese cupcake.

We took a few pictures while we waited.

bog26.jpg

Rolls arrived.

bog33.jpg

We had a roll and then we set off to look in the West Wing. The dessert trolley was sitting right there.

bog34.jpg

bog35.jpg

I have heard this picture turns to beast, but we never saw it change while we were in there.

bog36.jpg

It was kind of hard to get a picture of the rose. You cannot get one if you use a flash.

bog37.jpg

bog38.jpg

bog57.jpg

bog58.jpg

Then we headed back into the Ballroom again and we walked over by the falling snow window to have a better look.

bog59.jpg

bog60.jpg

This was a testing phase and service was VERY slow. I didn’t complain though, as I was happy to be able to have a chance to try it out and I knew they were trying to work the kinks out.

Food finally did arrive.

Claire’s steak.

bog61.jpg

And her fries.

bog62.jpg

The steak had good flavor, but it was a bit too thin and a little fatty. She loved it though. The fries were great and sadly I heard they did away with these and are now serving just basic fries.

My soup.

bog63.jpg

It was very good, but nothing over the top in the way of French Onion soup, but I enjoyed it.

Our waitress brought out the dessert trolley and we chose what we wanted.

Here is Claire’s Strawberry cream cheese cupcake.

bog64.jpg

And my chocolate cream puff.

bog65.jpg

bog66.jpg

Her cupcake was awesome, but she could only eat a little bit as she was so full. I couldn’t finish it off for her either sadly. My cream puff was good, but a bit too much. Very rich and I was good with just a few bites. Not to mention this was our 2nd meal of the evening and we were already making pigs of ourselves.

Our waitress kindly took a picture of us.

claireandiatbog.jpg

It did take a while to get the bill and I did get a little antsy about that. I was missing party time as it was and now that we had tried the place we were ready to leave and try some more new things.

Of course we had to make a bathroom stop on the way out.

bog67.jpg

And I took a picture of now what is referred to as the Prince with no pants. Seriously, look at it! It looks like he is naked from the waist down.

bog68.jpg

And back out to New Fantasyland we went. We had a mission of one other thing to do before we headed back to the party.

Our next stop was the Little Mermaid ride once again. We had loved it so much a over week ago that we had to give it another try.

arielqueue1.jpg

arielqueue2.jpg

I probably got a lot of the same queue pictures, but I couldn’t remember what I took before and this time I tried a few more flash pictures too.

arielqueue3.jpg

arielqueue4.jpg

The line was walk through again and soon we were on our way.

9753585006_8a1898e28b_z.jpg

9753588675_d500153744_z.jpg

I always love this store. Pooh stuff is just so darn cute.

9760518286_2781083d79_z.jpg

We saw Scrooge was out, but we had to get a spot for the parade and couldn’t stop.

9760521426_d74ffb12dd_z.jpg

UGH!!!! This parade was super packed too. I had hoped going to the later one would be less crowded but both this one and the Halloween ones were jammed with people.

We were lucky and found a decent spot and some guys let Claire sit on the ground in front of them and I was back and could stand on a ledge. I found out that everyone around…all adults, were there for pictures too. I tried not to get my arms and elbows in the way of others as I shot pictures. I did a pretty poor job. It was so dark and my flash was not recharging correctly (I think it had a low battery). The best way to work it was to turn off the flash and camera and return them both back on to take the next picture. It was slow, but faster than waiting for the recharge. In the end, I am not happy with my pictures, but we LOVED this parade.

9764103265_7972294324_z.jpg

9763892162_af5779301a_z.jpg

9763891552_da467a41b6_z.jpg

9763890872_cfd0bb40b1_z.jpg