Oh the Places We Go, The People We See ...Dream Trip Report

jenseib

I hope to get back to updating soon. My oldest daughter (Paige, 21)was in a very bad car accident on Aug. 11 and was in the hospital for several days being released last Friday. It was a very serious accident and she is lucky to be alive and to have as little injuries as she does.

She is doing much better now, but staying with us while she recovers. Then Monday morning we went out to get her her new license plates for the jeep she just bought a month ago. her temp tags expired while she was in the hospital and she was so worried about that. Well, on our way home we witnessed an accident in front of us and slammed on the brakes. Then about 30 seconds later we got rear ended. The guy behind us was not paying attention and hit us at full speed (which was probably 30 miles an hour) Our car got thrown into the middle turning lane. We weren't injured but I sent Paige to the ER to get check out to be sure nothing happened with her other injuries (one being the spleen). She checked out Ok and was released...thank goodness, but now we are working on the mess of my car that is undrivable and insurance. And the guy who hit me was not insured. This month has totally sucked and we really need a string of goodluck to help us out.

Edited by jenseib

I've been quietly following both your recent reviews and am loving all the details and beautiful photos you post! I'm so sorry to hear about your oldest; I hope her recovery is quick. Sorry to hear about your car, too. What a mess. Go sort it out; your loyal fans will be hear waiting for more.:)

Heather

Why is it always the dip stick with no insurance that is not paying attention!

Heres to hoping your month pics up ;)

Isn't that the truth. And now my car is totaled, so I am the one with a headache of looking for a new car and will now have to have a car payment that I didn't expect to have for another year or 3. Things have to get better, right?

Glad to know that she came out without any major injuries. I hope that your family recovers with ease from this one. My prayers go out for your daughter.

I am so thankful she is alive and she fared so much better than she could've. She is bored and achy, but time will heal her.

Thanks so much.

Thinking of you! Prayers for a quick recovery for your daughter!

Thanks so much.

I've been quietly following both your recent reviews and am loving all the details and beautiful photos you post! I'm so sorry to hear about your oldest; I hope her recovery is quick. Sorry to hear about your car, too. What a mess. Go sort it out; your loyal fans will be hear waiting for more.:)

Heather

She is more antsy than anything since she is not allowed to drive or do much of anything really. And she gets tired fast, so any outings we make are very short.

She went to my Moms house last night just to get a change of scenery for a day. I have been spending a "me" morning today. I got some work caught up and decided it was time to work on my TR, even if it's just a short update, but it makes me feel like life is sort of getting back to normal.

That dang bus finally came and we were off to the Magic Kingdom!

9332392803_2d13f4b175_z.jpg

As we entered, the parade was going by, so we stopped and watched a bit of it.

9335195568_b4fcb4e232_z.jpg

We decided to slip in and see which princesses were meeting. Claire was hoping for Rapunzel, but she was not meeting at the time, but the line was short, so we went in anyways.

9332418367_48b88a49de_z.jpg

9335212176_e85868735c_z.jpg

9335216106_0a5713c8b6_z.jpg

You can never see Cinderella too many times.

9332439191_c9f0c9f894_z.jpg

9335780309_0852344e03_z.jpg

And they were the only 2 meeting right now, so we headed out.

After we met the Princesses, we noticed that Mickey’s line was not very long at all either. Well we have never met him her in his special room, so we got in line there as well.

9335791653_f20b5b3b92_z.jpg

9335801937_d226cb28ba_z.jpg

9353177584_b9d781a880_z.jpg

9353177382_df39ec0573_z.jpg

9353177196_83600f8dce_z.jpg

I have really enjoyed your review and your wonderful pictures. I recently found it and feel like I have been tagging along on your whirlwind vacation with you and Claire. I hope that your older daughter is okay. I am amazed that you have been able to deal with all of that, another trip, and still yet still came back to post more great photos complete with narrative. Very impressive. Even though our Dream cruise is not for another two months, we are going to WDW next week to get our Disney fix. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Edited by finiansbay

I have really enjoyed your review and your wonderful pictures. I recently found it and feel like I have been tagging along on your whirlwind vacation with you and Claire. I hope that your older daughter is okay. I am amazed that you have been able to deal with all of that, another trip, and still yet still came back to post more great photos complete with narrative. Very impressive. Even though our Dream cruise is not for another two months, we are going to WDW next week to get our Disney fix. Thanks for all the inspiration.

I sure wish I could get a Disney fix sometime soon. So much going on here that I really need to get away!!!!

Maybe after it settles down (and it is starting to) I can look for something this fall.

We then got in line for Barnstormer.

9365923642_d291a3d29e_z.jpg

9378247885_5a85cb75c6_z.jpg

9381034102_1bce3250d2_z.jpg

9378247011_7c55e30fa8_z.jpg

Checking the time on the new watch I had gotten on the cruise.

9378246741_79f45920b4_z.jpg

It wasn’t too long and we were making our fast and short zip along the tracks. Most of the pictures I took were the back of the head of the lady in front of me, so I don’t think you want to see those.

After the ride I took a few construction photos.

9381033190_ae088d6233_z.jpg

It was now close to our dinner time. We made an early dinner so we could enjoy the party later that evening. Our destination? The castle!

9378247227_c44a9dce53_z.jpg

9389901460_ec61e97969_z.jpg

9387127525_63a5339a15_z.jpg

9389900886_5f10499682_z.jpg

We got ourselves checked in and entered.

9387159429_b93aa7bce4_z.jpg

I had debated on doing this again. We have done it twice before and the first time we had excellent food and a great meet experience with Cinderella. We had one of the last reservations of the day and she came over and sat with Claire and visited for a bit. It was truly a magical moment. That was back when they did the show during dinner rather than character meets, but it was still the best experience we have had there. Last time, which was April of 2011, the food was not all that good and it just wasn’t as magical. We did have nice meet and greets, but it just wasn’t a highlight for me.

When Claire and I talked about where we planned to eat this trip, she mentioned that she must eat at CRT. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldn’t budge, and luckily I was able to get a reservation at a decent time. This was also one of the reasons we upgraded to deluxe dining. We had a couple of 2 credit meals and it made sense to just have more credits.

The nice thing about this visit is that it had a few Christmas decorations out.

9389932306_6d63d0d884_z.jpg

9470594979_a384d8b4b0_z.jpg

The photopass photographer asked if I wanted to be in the picture, and I said yes, but I also wanted one snapped of just Claire too. She said no, she could only take 1 picture as that was all that was included. I told her I knew that, but just wanted her to take a picture anyways. She refused and I gave up. I snapped a couple of Claire myself and bowed out of getting one with me.

9470594647_af0475cc5d_z.jpg

9470620329_e3c2fd9e98_z.jpg

9470635871_731edd5f07_z.jpg

9473418510_58ea5564dc_z.jpg

Now when we got our picture later, I was NOT impressed. Cinderella looks like she is in pain with that smile. I almost was tempted to ask for a retake. Well I am glad I didn’t because after seeing my sisters pictures….and she had the same Cindy….and a few others posted on the boards with this same Cindy….I have found that is how she smiles. In real life she is pretty, but her smile is just not good. I am surprised Disney hasn’t either trained her to smile differently or taken her off to do something else. I am sorry if I sound mean, but I thought she looked awful.

9470632759_cb712174d9_z.jpg

We had made our orders and soon food started to come out.

I got the Rock Shrimp Cocktail - rock shrimp with tomato marmalade. It is pretty decent tasting. Not fabulous, but I think it tasted better this time around compared to the last time I had it.

9480287139_a66e82cdd1_z.jpg

Claire got the cheese and grapes. She really doesn’t eat plain cheese, so I nibbled at that. I should’ve just asked if she could have all grapes.

9480287017_5546363df8_z.jpg

Claire chose chicken nuggets for her entrée ….big surprise there.

9483078942_4d2a7b944f_z.jpg

I believe I had the Roasted Beef Tenderloin - Sliced Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Chasseur Sauce. I am thinking I asked for no sauce, as last time I had it I found it pretty nasty.

9480286771_00575d8081_z.jpg

The food was definitely better this time around, but still not as good as the first time we came. I wish they would bring that menu back. It was so much better.

Soon it was time for the wishing ceremony.

9483078672_9a89cf4793_z.jpg

9483078450_a674590a02_z.jpg