What is the guarantee room assingment trick???

LisaT12

Hello...

I remember reading about a way to find out a Guarentee room assignment before you are officially told. I have looked through past threads but I can not seem to locate the information. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I think if you go on the Carnival site and go through the act to purchase an item to be sent to your room...like champagne....it will sometimes give you the assigned room number to which the purchase would be delivered. You can then dump out before actually making the purchase.

From another thread long ago:

If a cabin has been assigned there will be only one place in that whole packet of documents that will have a cabin number. The rest of the pages will still read tba or gtee.

Look for your sign and sail page.. on that back of that page- on the bottom is a very long set of numbers that start with your booking number. right after that you will see a bunch of other numbers followed by a star * the numbers right before that * is your cabin number.

There's also the bookmodify method that's been talked about several times on other threads--the trick i found to this is that you need to have your internet security turned off. For the longest time--i couldn't ever get into it with out errors, then i tried it turning off my norton firewall and internet security and it worked--besure to turn it back on after you're done tho--on my computer when i go to turn it off it has a thing that says disable for ? long then it gives you a list--5 min, 30 min etc. i just click on the 5 min--that gives me enough time to get into bookmodify--then it enables the security again so i don't have to worry about it.

Lisa, even after all the detective work you might go through, it could STILL change before you get on board. I guess I just don't understand why folks book a 'guarantee' and then try so hard to find out where they'll be...why not just book an assigned cabin?:D

I got mine thru the book.modify method BUT, the only way it will work for me is....... I have to sign on to the carnival website with my reservation, then I have to go to this cruise critic messge board and look up the room assignment thread and that has a link to the book/modify method. I have tried to the gift option,book/modify etc. through carnival & it does not work. I am booked as a group. I found out about 55 days out, so I check back OFTEN to see if it changes!! Good Luck!!:p

I booked a guarantee because it is a little cheaper. But you still are interested in where you will be staying. I tried to pick my room, but almost all the rooms were midship, and I prefer aft. So I figured I might as well just get the cheaper rate and let them pick! I am curious though and do hate waiting until the last minute!

Once you get your documents, look at the back of the Sail and Sign card. The cabin number is supposed to be between the booking number and the date. Just receivced our documents yesterday, and Mine is there....we were so excited to finally see it. Two category upgrade, too! Hopefully, it won't change but if it does.....we'll still have a great time!;)

Once you get your documents, look at the back of the Sail and Sign card. The cabin number is supposed to be between the booking number and the date. Just receivced our documents yesterday, and Mine is there....we were so excited to finally see it. Two category upgrade, too! Hopefully, it won't change but if it does.....we'll still have a great time!;)

When is your cruise?? I am sailing on the Valor July 10th & I have seen people that are sailing July 2nd & they have their docs.... I CANNOT wait to get mine!!:p I am going through a TA & I have told him to call me as soon as he gets them & I will drive & pick them up!!!!!:D

To answer Cotton: I booked a guarantee because it was a lot cheaper as well....and I've done the book/modify thing once a week or so since around March (sailing July 16.) But I haven't done anything extensive to look for my room number. The reason people look even though they have a guarantee is to see where they'll be - maybe you're just not that curious, but I'd like to know, even if it may change (and I'm fine if it does.)

The book/modify method worked when I had about 55 days left.

The fun of trying to figure out your guarantee cabin is like reading a great mystery book....you look at all the ways to figure out “who did it” and think you figured it out but even if you haven’t it does not take away from the joy of a good read. :) When the DH and I want a specific cabin we book it but for our short cruise we thought it would be fun to play the “where will we end up game”. We have played before and we had a happy conclusion but in the end, we just wanted to be on the ship so it did not matter. My DD and her hubby are having a blast calling us with do you think this our cabin scenarios. That in it’s self is worth the fun of a guarantee!:D

The fun of trying to figure out your guarantee cabin is like reading a great mystery book....you look at all the ways to figure out “who did it” and think you figured it out but even if you haven’t it does not take away from the joy of a good read. :) When the DH and I want a specific cabin we book it but for our short cruise we thought it would be fun to play the “where will we end up game”. We have played before and we had a happy conclusion but in the end, we just wanted to be on the ship so it did not matter. My DD and her hubby are having a blast calling us with do you think this our cabin scenarios. That in it’s self is worth the fun of a guarantee!:D

This is off topic but i noticed you were from Citrus Heights--- I used to live there--born in chico and lived quite a few places around Northern CA--F.O., Carmichael, C.H. areas were my last! Great area or at least it was 30 years ago--left the area in early 1980.

I Booked Balcony guarantee last December for our July 10th CCL Pride cruise. I signed in to the CCL website and did the modify booking method occasionally and at 45 days out (Last week) I tried it and my cabin came up as 8H (8193) which is the top cabin deck and now costs over $1500 which I paid $1100 each for. It saved me alot of $$$ and I am way upgraded and pleasently surprised. It worked for me. 40 days and counting down!!!

I found my guaranteed cabin number under the funpass option. I logged on and went to the complete funpass section. There was an option at the bottom to order gifts and services. I went there, clicked on a product as if I was going to buy it, and voila my booking number and stateroom number were already pre-populated under the booking information. I sail on July 23,2005

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=96045

if you are not cruising within the next 45 days this is not a good item to be looking. The majority of the people do not get set until that time. Some dont even get assigned up til 3 days before.

Seems to be good advice and info Serene. After all the tricks I've tried to pull getting the info, I am in your corner.

I was told by CCL 60 days out they start on Guar's (past the no cancel line), and even tried pulling the old "we're on our honeymoon" line. After that failed attempt at garnering inside knowledge, I was told that 60 is not set in stone and you might get a gray tag at the dock if CCL is taking bookings up to the last minute. That true too?

Sorry to ambush your question Lisa! :o

Apple- From watching the settings of cabin assignments I am seeing most people are set between 40-45 days. Carnival did set out at 6-7 weeks but as time goes by they are getting further and further behind. I do see people not get set until they arrive at the pier but that is mostly for people who booked during final payment period too.

it worked............

I booked a 6a guarantee........didn;t get an upgrade...but my parents booked and 8A guarantee anf they were upgraded to a 8D....right on the Lido Deck...woohoo for them.....We leave on the Valor 7/24.

The upgrade fairy visited me, too! I just found out that we were upgraded from an guaranteed inside cabin to 6A oceanview midship! WOW!! That cabin costs $220.00 more than we actually spent. I didn't think Carnival would upgrade from inside to outside. I always thought the upgrades were from inside to inside, outside to outside or balcony to balcony. We leave on 7/21 and I just booked our cruise this past Monday. Now I'm ready to go!!!!

I did the Fun Pass method today and it worked o ntwo rooms that our group has booked. I will say that last year I booked a 6A GTY and when the cruise documents came they showed TBA for room assignment and we rcv'd gray luggage tags. On the back of the S&S form, we were listed on the Empress Deck. However, when we arrived for boarding, we were updraded to a Cat 11 suite. So, you still may not know for sure where you will be until you get to the pier. Enjoy the element of surprise.

Archived