Sapphire Princess - general age group and Q about obstructed view cabins

ilivefordreams

I'm planning on sailing on the Sapphire Princess to Mexico in October and was wondering the general demographic during this time and the sailing itself. I'm used to sailing on the shorter cruises which attract a younger crowd, of course.

Also, the only cruises I've sailed on were the 3-4 night Monarch of the Seas sailings. I always went with the obstructed view oceanview cabins because in my opinion, they weren't really that obstructed. Is it generally the same for Princess, or are the window views completely different?

The emerald deck outside cabins have a varying degree of obstruction. You cannot really tell from the deck plans as to which ones do or don't; on the Golden deck plans our room (E501) appeared fully blocked by a lifeboat, but when we got there, the lifeboat deck only came up to the bottom of the window. We could see straight out to the water. The cabins of the life boats seemed to block the views of the rooms on either side of us, but I never could look inside them to verify.

You really need to see actual pictures of the stateroom to know; one way is to check the webshots site and search on the cabin number and ship name.

Hi, we were in obstructed view on Emerald Deck, we were in E702 and we had a good view, the life boat was below the window so we could see straight out , but not down, we enjoyed it and the location in the aft area of the ship. Go for it. the Sapphire is a beautiful and fun ship. have fun.

Cori

We were on the Sapphire in November for the 10-day Mexican cruise. We had a fabulous time, but it was definitely an older crowd. We are a couple in our early 30s, and our dining companions were all 70+ (which worked out just fine). By the end of the cruise, we had bruises and welts on our legs from having been smacked so many times by walkers and canes...those old bitties are sure in a hurry to get into port.

Hi , I have been on a few Mexico cruises, and find that the crowd is usually younger. But since you are thinking of going in October during school and College normal times, you might just have an older crowd. You would surely have a younger crowd if you could cruise durning the summer months.

Cori

Archived