Do Carnival PVP's get commission?

boomonster

I was just wondering if they get a commission off how many cabins they sell or the price they sell the cabins for. We have a wonderful PVP and she has helped us greatly and has even given us some extra tips for price reductions (we usually always book ES). So I was wondering why she was helping so much if it affects her commission if she gets one. Hence my question. Anyone know?

Nevermind I should have checked spelling in the search engine. Found it .

I was just wondering if they get a commission off how many cabins they sell or the price they sell the cabins for. We have a wonderful PVP and she has helped us greatly and has even given us some extra tips for price reductions (we usually always book ES). So I was wondering why she was helping so much if it affects her commission if she gets one. Hence my question. Anyone know?

The PVP's reportedly get salary plus incentives, not a percentage commission like the TA's. ken

I was just wondering if they get a commission off how many cabins they sell or the price they sell the cabins for.
How would you feel if your compensation were the subject of discussion on a message board? :rolleyes:

It's not as if these people were professional athletes...

How would you feel if your compensation were the subject of discussion on a message board? :rolleyes:

could be the OP has interest in becoming a PVP? Or even wondering why they push so much, and if this could be the reason. Not sure why you question this

I asked mine and she said they don't get commission but they do get points.

They told you the truth. That is the way it works. Don't know if they make more after they make the points they need each month. I like it that way. They don't care if I get a suit or a 1A

They don't get "commission" as such BUT...unless they "produce" they risk getting canned....they work more on "numbers" ...total volume of cruises booked seems to be more important than the cost

They will call you every time you "log into" the carnival site and look at cruises...they want you to book with them. "Losing" you to a travel agent or "losing" you when you book yourself obviously matters to them.

if they "produce" they get bonuses (more money, cruises)

I know this for a fact as I live in S Florida and have met people who were/are PVP's for several cruiselines including Carnival.

The jobs are always listed as telemarketing/sales.

I've had jobs where I worked on commission and I would rather have people know that I depended on their business than to have them assume I am salaried. If I know a person is on straight commission, I really don't waste their time unless I am definitely interested in buying from them and if they are on commission, I make it a point to go back to them when I'm ready to make a purchase.

\

There isn't a page on these forums where tips and salaries aren't the topic at least once :)

My PVP said he gets credit per booking. Whether we book an inside cabin or suite does not matter. So basically it is in their best interest to offer the best deal to guarantee a booking, not try to upsell to higher categories or get people to spend more. My PVP is wonderful and really goes out of his way for us.

They will call you every time you "log into" the carnival site and look at cruises...they want you to book with them. "Losing" you to a travel agent or "losing" you when you book yourself obviously matters to them.

Not true... they do not ever call me when I am logged in on Carnival & searching cruises.

My PVP said he gets credit per booking. Whether we book an inside cabin or suite does not matter. So basically it is in their best interest to offer the best deal to guarantee a booking, not try to upsell to higher categories or get people to spend more. My PVP is wonderful and really goes out of his way for us.

This sounds true to me. I went through the PVP interview process with CCL several years ago and was offered a position, which I turned down in favor of a simultaneous job offer elsewhere (not in the cruise industry).

At the time (about 4.5 years ago), Carnival said we would get $30.00 commission per booking, regardless of the cabin level booked. Seemed to be a flat rate per booking.

Conversely, I also interviewed with Royal Caribbean at the time (was not offered a position), and their commission was a percentage based on the total dollar amount you sold (cabin cost, insurance, excursions etc.).

You know some people just want to know that they are doing their PVP some good, so what does it matter. If my personal booking has anything to do with their very public job then all of it makes a difference.

They don't get "commission" as such BUT...unless they "produce" they risk getting canned....they work more on "numbers" ...total volume of cruises booked seems to be more important than the cost

if they "produce" they get bonuses (more money, cruises)

I know this for a fact as I live in S Florida and have met people who were/are PVP's for several cruiselines including Carnival.

The jobs are always listed as telemarketing/sales.

Funny, my PVP has never called me unless I initiate the exchange, other than to remind me I was getting close to payoff date, and I look at the website all the time. I guess it depends on the PVP...

Carnival PVPs need to book a certain number of cruises per month. If they fall below the number a few months in a row, their job is in jeopardy. Also PVPs get money each time they sell you something, i.e. insurance, bon voyage packages, etc.

Archived