sharing wine packages?

anonymousegirl

husband was thinking about doing the wine package for the xmas Reflection cruise, 7 nights.

Two quick questions:

1) if my husband orders the 7 bottle package can I have glasses from those bottles or must I order my wine separately?

2) Can he choose any 7 bottles or is it from a smaller list rather than the full wine list?

Many thanks

Lori

As I understand it, the language about not sharing packages is attached to the wine bottle packages in error. The full bottle deals such as you are looking at may, in fact, be shared.

I can't speak to which lists he can choose from. That seems to be less well understood, until you are on board and are speaking to a sommalier, who will lay out all the particulars for you.

I was just with a party of 12, 4 were family in different cabin, others were friends, but anyone who bought the wine package could share. This is because once it's gone, it's gone. It's not unlimited like the other bev packages.

Wine packages can be shared. On our last cruise, there were three levels which could be purchased each with a different number of bottles, such as 5 or 7 bottles. The least expensive level has more limited choices, and there are additional choices at the middle and more to choose from at the most expensive level.

One night, we wanted a wine which was not part of our package, and we were able to just pay the price difference for the bottle we wanted. They were very accommodating.

You are buying the wine at a slight discount. You are buying a "thing" and not an all inclusive deal. This is totally different than the "all you can drink" packages. In reality, most couples would buy ONE package of bottles, and of course share it.

Depending on who the question was asked, it could get different answers.

Archived