Pacific Dawn - Should I book Dolphin or Plaza Deck?

davoni

Help, I need some advice on whether to book on Deck 5 or 8. I will be travelling with my daughter and 2 grandchildren (ages 12 & 7) on 7 day South Pacific cruise in June school holidays.

We are booking 2 outside cabins and have the option of Plaza Deck 5 or Dolphin Deck 8, both cabins are towards the rear of the ship which is not a problem.

Cabins on Dolphin deck are above the restaurant, not sure if this is an issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Davoni

Help, I need some advice on whether to book on Deck 5 or 8. I will be travelling with my daughter and 2 grandchildren (ages 12 & 7) on 7 day South Pacific cruise in June school holidays.

We are booking 2 outside cabins and have the option of Plaza Deck 5 or Dolphin Deck 8, both cabins are towards the rear of the ship which is not a problem.

Cabins on Dolphin deck are above the restaurant, not sure if this is an issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Davoni

Both are OK. We have just returned from a cruise on the Dawn. Our daughter/son-in-law's cabin was on deck 8 above the restaurant and they found it convenient. We were on deck 5 and also found it quite OK, but it was a 2 deck-walk to go to the deck 7 where most activities are. If deck 5 is significant cheaper than deck 8 I would go for it, otherwise go for deck 8.

Both are OK. We have just returned from a cruise on the Dawn. Our daughter/son-in-law's cabin was on deck 8 above the restaurant and they found it convenient. We were on deck 5 and also found it quite OK, but it was a 2 deck-walk to go to the deck 7 where most activities are. If deck 5 is significant cheaper than deck 8 I would go for it, otherwise go for deck 8.

Thanks for your response.

Davoni

We had a cabin on Dolphin deck a few years ago. They have access to the rear deck, which is a bonus! Each morning we would walk out the back, check the weather and walk up the rear stairs to the buffet for breakfast. It wasn't the nicest of the rear decks though, if I remember rightly. It was very enclosed, and there was an air-conditioner outlet that was a bit noisy. But not many people used it, so it was generally deserted. There were a few lounge chairs there, and I remember reading out there a few times.

If there's not too much difference in price, I'd definitely go for deck 8 over deck 5. Being above the restaurant wasn't a problem at all. I don't recall hearing any noise. In fact, it was very convenient.

We had a cabin on Dolphin deck a few years ago. They have access to the rear deck, which is a bonus! Each morning we would walk out the back, check the weather and walk up the rear stairs to the buffet for breakfast. It wasn't the nicest of the rear decks though, if I remember rightly. It was very enclosed, and there was an air-conditioner outlet that was a bit noisy. But not many people used it, so it was generally deserted. There were a few lounge chairs there, and I remember reading out there a few times.

If there's not too much difference in price, I'd definitely go for deck 8 over deck 5. Being above the restaurant wasn't a problem at all. I don't recall hearing any noise. In fact, it was very convenient.

Thanks Jo, I think I will go for Deck 8.

Davoni

Archived