So Excited!! Just booked the GV Star TA next October

SuiteCruiser

Booked in the GV with my husband and four of my new friends from my Epic Transatlantic.

Anyone who read my Epic TA blog knows about all of the fantastic new friends that I made on the sailing. We've been texting like crazy and hour long phone calls, just like teenagers.

I have a cruise in 2.5 weeks on the Jewel with Eric and Erik which is my Christmas present from my husband. I'm in an inside for that one, but I'm alone in the cabin, so it's perfect. I just got off the phone with CAS and have booked the Garden Villa for the Star Transatlantic 12 day from Copenhagen to Miami with Scott and Allen and hopefully Eric and Erik will be joining.

I cannot tell you how excited I am. I've never even stepped foot into a GV before and am staying in one for almost 2 weeks :)

Thanks for letting me share :)

So happy for you! I was in my first one in September! In all honesty, I hardly ever left! So much room to roam.....:o

My one piece of advice....just tell your butler to come in when they want....it's a loooooong walk to that door to answer the doorbell!!:eek:

Have fun...and you will really, really, really be spoiled!!

So happy for you! I was in my first one in September! In all honesty, I hardly ever left! So much room to roam.....:o

My one piece of advice....just tell your butler to come in when they want....it's a loooooong walk to that door to answer the doorbell!!:eek:

Have fun...and you will really, really, really be spoiled!!

Thank You! We were really lucky to get it and I cannot wait! One of the boys is a singer/songwriter, so that piano is going to get some lovin' :).

It's great advice about telling the butler to come in. We all have our own quarters, so there's no reason why he couldn't just come in. I'm excited about every aspect, including that massive deck up top. Wowzers!

Thank You! We were really lucky to get it and I cannot wait! One of the boys is a singer/songwriter, so that piano is going to get some lovin' :).

It's great advice about telling the butler to come in. We all have our own quarters, so there's no reason why he couldn't just come in. I'm excited about every aspect, including that massive deck up top. Wowzers!

Each of the bedroom doors is locked and has DOORBELLS!! I couldn't figure out why they all needed the key-card to open them but I guess it's so you can have parties and not worry about anything being "borrowed" from guests (I guess I just don't think that way!) We had a HUGE CC sail away party up top.....enough room up there to invite half the ship!

I can honestly say that if I could, I book it again in a heartbeat! I was only in it for 5 very short days :( so I'm jealous that you'll be in it longer! Oh, and don't forget the limo ride from the ship to the airport/post cruise hotel for everyone staying with in the GV!!!!:cool:

Each of the bedroom doors is locked and has DOORBELLS!! I couldn't figure out why they all needed the key-card to open them but I guess it's so you can have parties and not worry about anything being "borrowed" from guests (I guess I just don't think that way!) We had a HUGE CC sail away party up top.....enough room up there to invite half the ship!

I can honestly say that if I could, I book it again in a heartbeat! I was only in it for 5 very short days :( so I'm jealous that you'll be in it longer! Oh, and don't forget the limo ride from the ship to the airport/post cruise hotel for everyone staying with in the GV!!!!:cool:

I'm having a blast because I'm the only one who knows *most* of the details, so I keep sending random texts like "oh ya, we each pick 1L of booze because we get 6 plus mixers for the suite" and "also there's reserved seating in the shows" etc.

I doubt we'll do a sail away party because we're coming in from NYC, Nashville and Canuckistan, and some of us won't have seen each other for the whole year. We'll be catching up and being selfishly together. Who know when a party might break out, though!! I'm hoping some of our other Epic friends will join the cruise.

Thank you so much, for being excited and happy for me, it's so nice to share, especially with someone who's been there :)

Thanks to Chipsq too! Very kind!

You better invite me up to my old home away from home. I was in 14500 last February but only an aft penthouse for this TA.

Certainly will! I haven't even checked out roll calls yet, didn't know you were on board and very much looking forward to meeting you!

We are in 14500, which is the one with the nicer bar from what I understand. The other GV was already booked, but we're more than happy with this one.

Thanks everyone :)

What fun you will have!

Are you in 14000 or 14500? We had 14500.

We took the whole gang a few years back and boy are they spoiled…it was their first cruise ever!

Have fun planning…the anticipation is so much fun :p

Wow, NICE first cruise, holy cow. Thanks I'm flying high as you can imagine. The texts between Canada and Nashville have been constant for the last few hours :)

Certainly will! I haven't even checked out roll calls yet, didn't know you were on board and very much looking forward to meeting you!

We are in 14500, which is the one with the nicer bar from what I understand. The other GV was already booked, but we're more than happy with this one.

Thanks everyone :)

You got the best one. More sun as we sail east and the sun in the southern sky. The bar is handy. I always take the aft cabin. Sliding doors to the courtyard and a bathroom equal to the forward cabin. The middle room has a bathroom like a mini suite.

Not sure this link will work but pictures from 14500

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3033102913997.145045.1455643727&type=3

I followed your Epic TA blog. I admire your courage, going solo and sounds like you found friends for life along the way. Glad that your DH is going with you. ;) You will really enjoy the Star. Sean and Yannis will take great care of you all. They are the best. We were on one of the 2 bedroom suites on Deck 11 last October 14th to Bermuda and we had a blast. It was a great first cruise back after a 17 month hiatus. As per your words on your blog, it was a celebration of life cruise. :)

ENJOY!!!

I followed your Epic TA blog. I admire your courage, going solo and sounds like you found friends for life along the way. Glad that your DH is going with you. ;) You will really enjoy the Star. Sean and Yannis will take great care of you all. They are the best. We were on one of the 2 bedroom suites on Deck 11 last October 14th to Bermuda and we had a blast. It was a great first cruise back after a 17 month hiatus. As per your words on your blog, it was a celebration of life cruise. :)

ENJOY!!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you following my blog and you know from reading it how great these guys are and how they looked after me :) I can't wait to see them again, and I can't think of a better place for the reunion!

You got the best one. More sun as we sail east and the sun in the southern sky. The bar is handy. I always take the aft cabin. Sliding doors to the courtyard and a bathroom equal to the forward cabin. The middle room has a bathroom like a mini suite.

Not sure this link will work but pictures from 14500

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3033102913997.145045.1455643727&type=3

Shoot, the link didn't work. Thanks for trying though. I thought the same about the sun and it seems to be the one people prefer, so I was pleasantly surprised to find it was the one that was available. I guess the people in the other one aren't on here reading about 14500. Lucky for me :)

I am so happy for you, especially since you will be enjoying this as a "reunion" cruise. It's even more exciting because your DH will be along with you this time as well! I'm grinning from ear to ear for you!

I followed your reports eagerly as you were sailing along on your solo TA, and now I can hardly wait to follow you all over again.

I have just three words for you: YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

I am so happy for you, especially since you will be enjoying this as a "reunion" cruise. It's even more exciting because your DH will be along with you this time as well! I'm grinning from ear to ear for you!

I followed your reports eagerly as you were sailing along on your solo TA, and now I can hardly wait to follow you all over again.

I have just three words for you: YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Oh Barbara! You definitely made me grin from ear to ear! I'm so excited for my DH to meet the guys! He's been great listening to all of my stories, and now sending me off to cruise with Eric and Erik before Christmas, but he'll meet them all and know exactly what great people they are. I knew that they're be lifelong friends, I just knew it :)

I will definitely do another blog from the Star, it will be great to share the experience with as many people as want to tune in.

You just made a great day even better, thanks so much!

We have stayed in the GV on the Star twice and it is amazing. We love the huge upper deck. The GV on some of the other ships do not have that feature. We are doing the Epic in a couple of months and are disappointed it doesn't have a GV. We have gotten spoiled. You are going to have a wonderful time. And you will find you don't want to leave your suite.

We were in 14500 on the Star and it's fantastic. Here are some pics for you. I have a some more pics on my ipad. If I can figure out how to access them I'll post them later. :o I have a link in my signature line that goes to webshots that has pics of the Star, but I'm not sure if it works anymore. :confused:

FYI.... The windows that overlook the pool do have a reflective film on them, but if you are standing close (within a couple of feet) people below CAN SEE YOU. And don't forget about the limo ride from the port to the airport. :D

951689490_PrivateSunDeck.jpg.6cc1a2a21aff83ef4d6491aac6d11418.jpg

P2210058.jpg.7f816042c27e4ae09285863635394b2d.jpg

P2210036.jpg.c51a330f14644573561c3b6d6e090605.jpg

334255578_OutsideDining.jpg.6390767fa4735e524140cae9e34e07ea.jpg

1562906328_HotTub.jpg.9fad2485c597edf7ad68cd0ac9283fea.jpg

P2210061.jpg.7b8a73f439abf46a9cdb3330841527d6.jpg

2062085147_BackMasterBedroom.jpg.9525b551822dc08f732d233f523225b1.jpg

1737702969_SunDeckView.jpg.b9c331d78c2eee6ca8882697a7db0461.jpg

We have stayed in the GV on the Star twice and it is amazing. We love the huge upper deck. The GV on some of the other ships do not have that feature. We are doing the Epic in a couple of months and are disappointed it doesn't have a GV. We have gotten spoiled. You are going to have a wonderful time. And you will find you don't want to leave your suite.

Thank you :) I actually sought out the Dawn and Star because of the upper deck. I think it's amazing to have that amount of space to ourselves. Originally we all thought of doing the Epic again, but this way we'll all have our own space when we need it, but will be spending more time together than we would in separate cabins.

Archived