which hotel do you recommend

cruisefanaticx6

We always stay at the Embassy Suites. A full, cooked breakfast is included, as well as the managers reception, that included free wine and beer, are included in the price. The hotel also offers a for fee shuttle to the port, is close to shopping and eating. A shuttle is also available fom airport to hotel.

I like the Embassy Suites. It has a Publix and plenty of restaurants within walking distance and is a short cab ride from the airport and the port. If you are on the right side of the hotel you will be able to see you ship, if not it isn't a long walk to be where you can see it.

We stay at the Renaissance Marriott. I believe it is the only hotel where you can see ships from hotel rooms.

I could be wrong.....but I do know it is the closest hotel to the port.

They have shuttles to pier. I have no idea if they are free or not as we always take a taxi and go by ourselves when we are ready--DH can't stand being stuffed into those shuttle vans--free or otherwise.

Dawn

I have not stayed there, but the pictures of the ships from the tower of Hyatt Pier 66 look great. I have stayed at the Renaissance...it is nice (I could see Princess terminal and ships reasonably well, others more distant) but my view did not compare to those taken from that Hyatt. The Hyatt is across the bridge (beach side), so while further from port entrance, has a great view.

We stay at the Renaissance Marriott. I believe it is the only hotel where you can see ships from hotel rooms.

I could be wrong.....but I do know it is the closest hotel to the port.

They have shuttles to pier. I have no idea if they are free or not as we always take a taxi and go by ourselves when we are ready--DH can't stand being stuffed into those shuttle vans--free or otherwise.

Dawn

Hotels with views of the port:

Renaissance

Hyatt Pier 66

Hilton Marina

Embassy Suites

As long as you get a room on the side of the hotels facing the port you can see the ships.

Here are some views from the Embassy Suites:

004_zpsc80f98a0.jpg

030_zps3e72a95a.jpg?t=1351004706

036_zpsc858acda.jpg?t=1351004685

I have always stayed at the ES and have been very happy. However, they were booked for my 1-27 Allure sailing and I booked a room at the Hyatt Place. They are in very close to one another and others on this board have given them a great review which is very comforting. ES has a managers cocktail reception. HP has a free shuttle from the airport.

I like the Embassy Suites. It has a Publix and plenty of restaurants within walking distance and is a short cab ride from the airport and the port. If you are on the right side of the hotel you will be able to see you ship, if not it isn't a long walk to be where you can see it.

That sounds wonderful! As do all the other comments about the hotel. Thanks! We are booked at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise in February. :D:):D

I have always used Priceline or Hotwire and received the Westin Beach and the Gallery One (both north of the port). We could BARELY see the ship from the Gallery One. Both hotels are "up scale" and VERY nice. Both provide access to the beach for a before dinner stroll or an early morning run along the Atlantic. Just throwing these out there there too because for us, the cost savings and the taxi ride where we all yell "is that her, is that it?, Wait! I see it!" is part of the fun, plus we get the beach to boot!

The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is an excellent hotel to see the ships. Upon checking in ask for a room on the side of the hotel facing Port Everglades and you will be able to see pretty much every ship in port. When I sailed Oasis, I got up early in the morning to see it pull in and I had a straight on view of the Boardwalk. A Princess ship came in later behind it so it blocked my view of the Oasis. I was also able to see a Carnival, Costa and HAL ship. It was just minutes by taxi (5) to the entry to Port Everglades. It's on 17th street right at the 17th Street Causeway. The Hyatt Pier 66 is on the other side of the causeway. We stood on the balcony late the night before and looked out toward the ocean and could see the lights of the ships in the distance.

You will probably not go wrong with any of the hotels along 17th street that are nearest the Port.

In my opinion the best view is from the Hyatt pier 66. You have to stay in the tower which is more expensive than the garden rooms which do not have a view of the port. Ask for a room with a view of the port and ask to be on the odd numbered floors for a rail type balcony as opposed to a concrete balcony for a better view. I have stayed at all of the hotels and keep going back to the Hyatt even tho there is no shuttle or breakfast and it is more expensive. I love to watch the ships come in and sail away and it can't be beat.

I have always stayed at the ES and have been very happy. However, they were booked for my 1-27 Allure sailing and I booked a room at the Hyatt Place. They are in very close to one another and others on this board have given them a great review which is very comforting. ES has a managers cocktail reception. HP has a free shuttle from the airport.

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place twice and really liked it ..could walk to market and liquor store ..a couple of resturants and the rooms are huge !!!

Can't see the ships but thats the only downside

In my opinion the best view is from the Hyatt pier 66. You have to stay in the tower which is more expensive than the garden rooms which do not have a view of the port. Ask for a room with a view of the port and ask to be on the odd numbered floors for a rail type balcony as opposed to a concrete balcony for a better view. I have stayed at all of the hotels and keep going back to the Hyatt even tho there is no shuttle or breakfast and it is more expensive. I love to watch the ships come in and sail away and it can't be beat.

It's a stop on the water taxi route too. So you can go out and don't have to worry about transportation.

Just got an offer today from SweetJack dot com. If you want to spend two nights in Miami to take in some of what it has to offer, you can get Wyndham Hotels and Resorts Two-Night Stay + Breakfast - 20 Locations (including Miami) for $149 (tax included) for both nights (NOT per night).

The Miami location is Wyndham Garden Hotel Miami South Beach.

I looked at my travel dates in June 2013 and the regular price was $154/night via Priceline. So that's well more than half off when you figure in the 13% tax that Priceline has for that location.

Why not spend an extra day enjoying South Beach and other sites in Miami since you're down there anyway.

And for anyone leaving out of New Orleans, that Wyndham location is included in the deal as well.

"Fine Print

Promotional value expires 01/15/2014; Not valid for cash back; Not valid for use with other offers or promotions; Must be used in one visit; Hotel taxes and fees included; No additional money due upon booking or departure; Must book through BBP Travel; Do not contact hotel directly; Must book 35 days in advance; Subject to availability; Black-out dates for 2012: December 22 to January 1, 2013; Black-out dates for 2013: March 27 to 31, May 24 to 27, July 3 to 7, August 30 to September 2, November 20 to 27, December 22 to January 1, 2014; Value parking available for additional cost"

Archived