Labadee

Mykitteh

We'll be stopping in Labadee on our next cruise and I'm looking at something new to do. The coaster is out-tried it my first cruise and it was boring. I tried the zip line this past year and had a hoot and odds are I may do it again. I'm however also looking at the para sailing and maybe the water slide. How are those activities from people that have done them?

Did I see some pictures recently of a new water slide there, not the old inflatable thing, but an actual slide?

there's a slide there by the water park, it's pretty boring. then they sell tickets to a dragons tail something or other slide, I didn't buy any the line was too long/irritating.

I parasailed in Labidee. They put a harness on me, hooked it to the sail, and the boat got fast to make the sail go up. There's a line from boat to sail, so they basically 'unreel' the line to let the sail take you up, then after awhile reel you back in. You come in with your knees bent and land back on the back of the boat. I didn't even get wet. I doubt I was 400 feet up, but looking at the Explorer of the Seas at a distance, it looked like I was high enough to land atop Deck 11 (of this Voyager class ship).

Richard.

• 8 months later...

We reserved on line before we sailed and picked our time (8:45)

That is until DD forgot her drivers license on the ship.

So they delayed us 30 min and DH ran back on the ship to get her license....even though her seapass card indicated she was 18, they wanted proof of a drivers license

So we did the tour 30 min later (9:15) and had the time of our lifes..........worth every cent.

I think it was either $89 or $99 dollars.

Do it!!!

I did it and had the time of my life.

Sea Ya

Oh if she did not have proof of a drivers license she could have been a passenger, and that would have really upset her............She lead the pack as a dare-devil, jumping waves!!!

We reserved on line before we sailed and picked our time (8:45)

That is until DD forgot her drivers license on the ship.

So they delayed us 30 min and DH ran back on the ship to get her license....even though her seapass card indicated she was 18, they wanted proof of a drivers license

So we did the tour 30 min later (9:15) and had the time of our lifes..........worth every cent.

I think it was either $89 or $99 dollars.

Do it!!!

I did it and had the time of my life.

Sea Ya

Oh if she did not have proof of a drivers license she could have been a passenger, and that would have really upset her............She lead the pack as a dare-devil, jumping waves!!!

Do you remember how long it lasted (we are talking jet-skis right?)

It sounds so exciting.....none of us have done this before and I'm hoping it's not too difficult to pick up. Thanks for admiting the "forgetfulness" so nice to show you are normal.

Do you remember how long it lasted (we are talking jet-skis right?)

It sounds so exciting.....none of us have done this before and I'm hoping it's not too difficult to pick up. Thanks for admiting the "forgetfulness" so nice to show you are normal.

At 9:15 we entered a little room for an orientation on how a jet ski in the water is to be treated with respect, and a safety boating video, it was not too painful.

They had a real jet ski in the room and they went over the safety features of it, how to get on and off the kill switch, and some hand signals if you need help.

Then they ask if anyone has jet ski'd before, we raised our hands and were ranked 1-2-3, up front, they then place newbies at the back.

We then left the room and were fitted with life vests, and lead to the skis.

Once there we were introduced to our second guide, he rides behind the pack making sure no one gets in trouble.

We got on our skis and tried them out going to a marker about 500 feet from the dock........everyone was comfortable and we did 7 runs stopping every 10 min. (estimate on time), for a rest and make sure all were ok.

It was great, at the last stop before returning some locals tried to sell us trinketts, because they cannot go near labadee, we gave them a couple bucks just to leave us alone.

Do it!!

The whole experience was about 90 min. and it flew.

It was safe, and we were jumping waves, they tell you not to do it, but, they show you how to do it.

Well worth every cent.

Do it early before it gets too windy or wavy, we had some great waves, but, nothing to scare us.

Safe travels.

Sea Ya

Archived