last pricing- how is freedom vs. oasis

jpolm

ok- got the pricing for oasis june 2013, no connecting cabins left for party of 5, so got a price for a family suite for 5. first 2 passengers gratuities paid.

ok got pricing for freedom same time- but they have two connecting rooms so for two rooms it's 800.00 less for the entire cruise, plus i will have each room with 2 free prepaid gratuties so will only have to pay one passengers gratuities.

so it will actually be even less because we get pre-paid gratutities for 4 passengers vs. 2.

for for the family suite i'd have to pay another 3 passengers gratutities which could equate to about 264.00 more dollars. vs. one passenger 88.00.

so total savings is about 1000.00

i am sure i'll get obc for both cabins which equates to even more cashflow vs. one cabin

i've done Voyager of the SEas ten years ago, and thought then it was a huge ship

how does the Freedom compare to Oasis? alot of the same? for kids etc?

maybe if we love it enough (and this will be the 2nd cruising ) we can book the oasis on board for great pricing for next trip.. ?? hmm??

ok- got the pricing for oasis june 2013, no connecting cabins left for party of 5, so got a price for a family suite for 5. first 2 passengers gratuities paid.

ok got pricing for freedom same time- but they have two connecting rooms so for two rooms it's 800.00 less for the entire cruise, plus i will have each room with 2 free prepaid gratuties so will only have to pay one passengers gratuities.

so it will actually be even less because we get pre-paid gratutities for 4 passengers vs. 2.

for for the family suite i'd have to pay another 3 passengers gratutities which could equate to about 264.00 more dollars. vs. one passenger 88.00.

so total savings is about 1000.00

i am sure i'll get obc for both cabins which equates to even more cashflow vs. one cabin

i've done Voyager of the SEas ten years ago, and thought then it was a huge ship

how does the Freedom compare to Oasis? alot of the same? for kids etc?

maybe if we love it enough (and this will be the 2nd cruising ) we can book the oasis on board for great pricing for next trip.. ?? hmm??

Oasis is MUCH bigger than the Freedom...much more to do, especially for kids, teens, etc...Freedom is great, no doubt, but you can't compare a 155,000 ton ship that has 8 dining venues, and 6 hot tubs & 3 pools vs. a 225,000 ton ship that has 24 dining options, 8 pools & 16 hot tubs, Central Park, Boardwalk, 2 Flowriders vs 1 on Freedom, and an Adult Solarium area 3 times the size of the FOS....it really depends on what you're looking for and what kind of cruise you want to experience and the $$ of the 2...if you liked the Voyager, you'll LOVE the Freedom, which is just the Voyager on steroids with more perqs...but the Oasis is just amazing..it's like comparing a Honda ( good) to a Lexus ( better)....any more questions let me know, I've been on both...

Big Al

Freedom is a GREAT ship. We will be doing our first family cruise on her in April. This will be DH and my 3rd time on Freedom. Have been on Allure as well. There will be tons to do for the kids, so don't worry. I personally like the pool area better on Freedom than the Oasis class.

We have done 4 cruises on Freedom, with 2 future cruises planned on her. She is a huge ship with tons to keep you busy. Great dining options, a flow rider , plenty of bars and for the money, I think the Western Caribbean itinerary with the 4 stops is the best for the money compared to only 3 stops on Oasis ! We have never been on Oasis so this is a one sided comparison, but have talked to tons of people who have and have never heard anything bad about her worth mentioning . I guess it would come down to how much you are willing to spend !

We've sailed Freedom 3 times (in fact, just last month), and both of her sister ships. Also, Oasis twice, and Allure.

Freedom is a wonderful ship with a great crew. Does it have the WOW factor of Oasis and Allure? No, but if you have never been on a Freedom class ship then there will be a huge WOW factor. You and your family will have a great time if this is the route you choose. :D

No, we have not been on both, we have been on the Freedom twice and are going a third time this summer. We have not been able to afford the Oasis/Allure, it is always a couple of thousand dollars more than the Freedom and at this point we don't feel that it would be worth the upcharge for us. Ports are really important to us and we usually spend around $1500 for our private excursions.

I have done quite a bit of research on the Oasis and the big differences are the shows due to the fact that the Oasis has the aquatheater. It also has a zipline and some eateries that the Freedom doesn't offer.

The extra food venues are not important to us since if we did choose the Oasis we would not want to pay extra for the up charge eateries. We also have no interest in hot dogs or donuts. The only food place that the Freedom does not have that we may get use out of on the Oasis is the Park Cafe, but again this is not really worth $2000 more to us. I am sure we would love the different shows, but if this means cutting out our excursions, our kids wouldn't be happy. The only other thing that seems fun would be the zipline, but from what I have read it is very quick and since our kids have done the bigger private ziplines in the caribbean, they would probably be bored with it. Both the Freedom and Oasis have the flowriders, rock climbing wall, ice shows and skating. Yes the Oasis has 2 flowriders, but we have never had to wait long on the one on the Freedom which is split into 2.

The Freedom also offers the character breakfast so that is something else that we won't miss. The Freedom also has a cupcake eatery which our kids had a lot of fun doing the cupcake class.

We will eventually do the Oasis class, but that won't happen until we are able to book what we need for $6000. This is not the impossible since we don't need balconies. We would even be fine with interiors. We have spent way under this on our past 2 Freedom cruises. We usually get 2 connecting oceanview cabins on the Freedom.

The fact that we are choosing to go on a third Freedom cruise tells you how great it is. You will certainly not be bored. One other thing, our kids went on the Explorer (another Voyager class ship) after going on the Freedom and told us that the Freedom was a lot better. We felt the same way also but didn't say anything.

I will say that if we had no intentions of doing excursions, we would definitely go with the Oasis over the Freedom. I think the price you got for the Oasis is a good deal if you went with it.

I haven't sailed either but based on what you've said I would go with Freedom. $1k less plus you get 2 cabins and more onboard credit because of the additional cabin. The extra cabin also gives you an extra bathroom too.

I would sail Oasis at a later time when the prices are more comparable. Or, book onboard the Freedom. Reduced deposit. Onboard Credit. Category upgrades.

I haven't sailed either but based on what you've said I would go with Freedom. $1k less plus you get 2 cabins and more onboard credit because of the additional cabin. The extra cabin also gives you an extra bathroom too.

I would sail Oasis at a later time when the prices are more comparable. Or, book onboard the Freedom. Reduced deposit. Onboard Credit. Category upgrades.

Also, I would do Freedom alone just for the sanity of two connecting cabins. I believe you mentioned kids. The option of closing the door when needed to have a whole cabin all to yourself would make me book in a heartbeat. :D:D:D

We will eventually do the Oasis class, but that won't happen until we are able to book what we need for $6000. This is not the impossible since we don't need balconies. We would even be fine with interiors. We have spent way under this on our past 2 Freedom cruises. We usually get 2 connecting oceanview cabins on the Freedom.

The fact that we are choosing to go on a third Freedom cruise tells you how great it is. You will certainly not be bored. One other thing, our kids went on the Explorer (another Voyager class ship) after going on the Freedom and told us that the Freedom was a lot better. We felt the same way also but didn't say anything.

I will say that if we had no intentions of doing excursions, we would definitely go with the Oasis over the Freedom. I think the price you got for the Oasis is a good deal if you went with it.

Do u usually do two cabins or one? I am having no luck finding connecting on oasis. But I did find two cabins right next to eachother. Dh and I are thinking of splitting up at night. Boys z/girls. Price is almost same and free gratutities will apply for 2 more passengers and possibly a little more obc.

Freedom is nice and is Savings of 800. Not a lot different. So not a big deal. The biggest issue Is I really want two rooms!

Do u usually do two cabins or one? I am having no luck finding connecting on oasis. But I did find two cabins right next to eachother. Dh and I are thinking of splitting up at night. Boys z/girls. Price is almost same and free gratutities will apply for 2 more passengers and possibly a little more obc.

Freedom is nice and is Savings of 800. Not a lot different. So not a big deal. The biggest issue Is I really want two rooms!

We usually get 2 connecting cabins. Getting connecting cabins is a lot easier on the Freedom than it is on the Oasis class. Another bad thing about the Oasis is that the Oasis class uses mostly sofabeds (triangles) and only a few cabins offer pullmans. When the sofabeds are opened, there is very little room (almost none) to walk around on the Oasis class. Our kids also dislike sofobeds LOL.

We have never had to use a sofabed on the Freedom, but on the Oasis this is asking the impossible unless we do 3 cabins. Next year this won't be a big issue since my oldest will be in college and will be 18 and I will feel more comfortable in leaving her in a cabin with her younger sister (who will at that point be almost 18 herself) by themselves in a separate cabin next to or across from ours and we can have the connecting cabins with our 2 younger children.

My kids ages are now 17,15,14 and 10 but I still wouldn't want 2 non-connecting cabins where I would be forced to sleep without my husband which would be the scenario you are mentioning. Personally, I would rather have the family room and suffer with the one bathroom and that says a lot since I have 2 teenage daughters.

Are you choosing between 2 connecting on the Freedom and 2 side by side on the Oasis??

We usually get 2 connecting cabins. Getting connecting cabins is a lot easier on the Freedom than it is on the Oasis class. Another bad thing about the Oasis is that the Oasis class uses mostly sofabeds (triangles) and only a few cabins offer pullmans. When the sofabeds are opened, there is very little room (almost none) to walk around on the Oasis class. Our kids also dislike sofobeds

I would be forced to sleep without my husband which would be the scenario you are mentioning. Personally, I would rather have the family room and suffer with the one bathroom and that says a lot since I have 2 teenage daughters.

Are you choosing between 2 connecting on the Freedom and 2 side by side on the Oasis??

Well we have a hold on family ocean view oasis- deck 11 the room fits up to 6 people. My kids-are - stepson age 12, stepdaughter age 10 and our son will be five. We would prefer two rooms as I really enjoy my quiettime,privacy and tv,bathroom. And the kids would enjoy their own tv as well and room .. However no such deal!

Freedom we've got two connecting and the price is nice but for a bit more (excluding the room sitch) wed be happy paying that bit more more a bigger newer ship.

I am sure we'd have a blast on either but freedom sounds similar to voyager and I was really looming forward to seeing the oasis. That's what drew us to a cruise this past year.

Usually the bathroom shower sitch works out. I go up first shower and take my 5 year old for a bath and short nap. The others come up and shower quickly and then we go. Its easier with two bathrooms ad more privacy but it can be down with one. We went to Mexico(land) twice had two rooms first time 2nd time had a family suite and we swore wed never do that again as we preferred the two rooms but with 5 it's not always easy with finding that or a good price.

So I have to make a decision or just forget it :( and book next time. But it does seem connecting is hard to come by on oasis. Thanks for your input!

• 3 weeks later...

we're looking at the freedom vs the allure...

we've decided to wait until after final payment and then see what the prices are for the two ships..

if the allure is still too much, we'll go with the freedom - assuming we can get a good deal....

i'm sure we'll enjoy whichever one we're on and i'll be happy paying as little as possible :)

I prefer the Oasis class but DH likes the Freedom class ships. For the extra money I would take the Freedom. It is a beautiful ship and you will have more time for chilling out. If you want to do most of what is available on the Oasis you will have to schedule and plan the shows and meals ahead of time. I was on the Dec 1 sailing with a friend (left DH home) and we managed to see the 'big' shows but we missed Quest and the promenade events including 70's night.

We live in SoCal also and cruising is much more expensive with the precruise hotel and airfaire. I would plan on one night in a hotel before the cruise - take an early morning flight - that 4am wakeup and one night in Florida will get you all on East Coast time very quickly.

I prefer the Oasis class but DH likes the Freedom class ships. For the extra money I would take the Freedom. It is a beautiful ship and you will have more time for chilling out. If you want to do most of what is available on the Oasis you will have to schedule and plan the shows and meals ahead of time. I was on the Dec 1 sailing with a friend (left DH home) and we managed to see the 'big' shows but we missed Quest and the promenade events including 70's night.

We live in SoCal also and cruising is much more expensive with the precruise hotel and airfaire. I would plan on one night in a hotel before the cruise - take an early morning flight - that 4am wakeup and one night in Florida will get you all on East Coast time very quickly.

Thanks we booked oasis for first week of June got a good price. Cannot wait!

Archived