What is too old for the princess dress up

pepsicruiser

My 11 year old grandaughter is tiny for her age. So petite and wears a size 7/8. I know size means nothing but when she is with the 5 year old cousin who has a closet full of disney dresses she likes to play with her and dress up. Right now its still a surprise for them so I can't ask yet what she wants but I love to plan. What do you see onboard as far as ages for the girls to dress up as princesses? ty

My 11 year old grandaughter is tiny for her age. So petite and wears a size 7/8. I know size means nothing but when she is with the 5 year old cousin who has a closet full of disney dresses she likes to play with her and dress up. Right now its still a surprise for them so I can't ask yet what she wants but I love to plan. What do you see onboard as far as ages for the girls to dress up as princesses? ty

Well....... this is our picture from formal night. Obviously, age didn't stop me or my daughter from wearing our tiaras!

34xf4ti.jpg

Seriously, here's a picture I took that evening onboard:

33f45j6.jpg

While most of the little girls you see in princess dress are just that - little, who's to say she's too old, if she wants to dress up? It's certainly OK for her to wear a princess dress, if she wants to!

:)

I am well over 11 and plan on wearing a princess dress to go along with the dress my 7 yr old daughter wears each night while we are on our cruise in March! My mom will also be wearing her princess dress and my son will be wearing his prince costume that goes with the princess of the night, never to old to be a princess :D:D

I recently helped with a "princess" bday party for a 5 yr old, where the girls were invited to come dressed like a princess. One came in the prettiest dress with a gold skirt, she probably didn't have a princess costume. Possibly, your granddaughter could wear something dressy/sparkly, add a tiara, and she would feel like a princess?

Pp are right that she can likely get away with wearing one just fine. That being said, my dd10 (the one who used to skip and twirl through the Magic Kingdom in skirts full of tulle) wouldn't even think of it now. In fact my dd7 is probably too old at this point-- but she's been known to wear them when the mood strikes. Just saying your dd11 won't likely encounter many girls her age wearing them.

Archived