What ship will be in new Orleans

cruisinmeme

just got off the star and have jewel booked for next November Now did I read this or dream it, but what ship is coming to new Orleans once jewel leaves.

The schedule for new Orleans only goes through April 2013.

Late April or early May Jewel will head to Seattle for Alaska Season. I looked at another site and it shows Jewel returning to NOLA Oct, 2013 (I haven't looked at theNCL site)

I have the Jewel booked for Jan/2014 out of NOLA.

AWWW you are just missing us this time. We are booked Dec 15, 2013 out of NOLA. This time taking all the kiddos!! We will try not to break anything critical.

Just off the Star today and Sean, the cruise consultant said all itineraries through 14 and spring of 15 will be out in three weeks.

If memory serves me, the Jewel will move to Houston in the fall of 14 but do not remember who will replace her in NO.

G

I knew I had read jewel was going to Houston , just could not remember if I heard what ship was replacing it in new Orleans . Guess I was getting antsy. I booked for November 2012 at the last part of December 2010 (23 months) out. So that sounds correct, the schedule coming out in December.

So you was getting on as we were getting off. Hope your trip went as good as ours did.

It might be the Dawn.

If you go on NCL.com, and enter sailing dates December, 2014 and later, the Dawn will come up for NOLA.

Interestingly it's showing the Sun for Tampa, which would be a pretty big capacity downgrade for them.

What sight are you looking at that shows the SUN in Tampa? I don't see the ship in Tampa at all

What sight are you looking at that shows the SUN in Tampa? I don't see the ship in Tampa at all

NCL.com

If you go to the Find a Vacation tab and enter December 2014, you'll see a few cities populate on the list, including New Orleans and Tampa.

The Dawn is the default ship for NOLA, and Sun is the default ship for Tampa.

It might be the Dawn.

If you go on NCL.com, and enter sailing dates December, 2014 and later, the Dawn will come up for NOLA.

Interestingly it's showing the Sun for Tampa, which would be a pretty big capacity downgrade for them.

That is what I thought I read or dreamed I read, the dawn. Thanks

NCL.com

If you go to the Find a Vacation tab and enter December 2014, you'll see a few cities populate on the list, including New Orleans and Tampa.

The Dawn is the default ship for NOLA, and Sun is the default ship for Tampa.

Yes, I see what your talking about, the Sun comes up as the ship but when you click on Find Vacation the Dawn is in Tampa for 2012, 13 and 14

PM.jpg.e09120ce0a61f41da637a97f1767d97f.jpg

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but do you think NCL will keep ships in all three Gulf cities: Houston, Tampa AND New Orleans, once they transition the Jewel to Houston? It seems unlikely to me, but hope I'm wrong.

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but do you think NCL will keep ships in all three Gulf cities: Houston, Tampa AND New Orleans, once they transition the Jewel to Houston? It seems unlikely to me, but hope I'm wrong.

Interesting question to have some fun with. Lets fill free to guess, here's mind.

POA = Honolulu > Hawaii

Star = Los Angeles > Mexican Riveria

Jewel = Houston > Western C

Spirit = Barcelona > Western Med and Azores

Jade = Rome > Western Med

Breakaway = New York City > Florida and Bahamas

Gem = New York City > Eastern C

Dawn = Tampa > Western C

Getaway = Miami > Eastern C

Epic = Miami Western C

Pearl = New Orleans > Western C

Sky = Miami > Bahamas

Sun = Miami > Southern C

Getaway should enter service by February 2014. It is going to Miami. It'll free up the Pearl to go elsewhere. I suggest New Orleans, but it could be Tampa instead. The Dawn will go where the Pearl doesn't.

Hope that does not happen as NCL would loose me as a customer. I prefer to drive to the port rather than deal with the hassles of flying. N.O is only 7 hours drive away for me which makes me happy.

Electricon, you fogot Boston and with the popularity of that port, I'm sure they are not going to close it out.:(

Since when has NCL ever sailed from Boston during the WINTER season?:eek:

No, I did not forget Boston, just like I didn't forget Alaska.

Archived