Suite questions

flying fingers

What kind of shampoo and conditioner do they supply? I don't want to bring my own, but can't use what is in the regular balcony cabins. Also there is mention of bath salts. Are these Eleminis or something else.

What kind of cosage do the provide for the first formal night. Do you have to ask for it?

Finally, I saw where they offer a private sitting with a photographer. What does that entail?

Looking forward to my one chance to sail in a suite although it is going to be hard to go back to my regular balcony in April!

The shampoo and conditioner are the same eucalyptus scent as in other cabins.

The bath salts are just a plain generic bulk product that is placed in the vessel on the side of the jacuzzi.

The flowers are automatic and are usually very small.

We have never availed ourselves of the photo sitting.

Mike:)

The bath products in the suite are the same as other cabins with a few more things, like eye mask, lip balm, loofa, nail file. For the bath, you could splurge and purchase Elemis Milk Bath for the tub, a large bottle for $95.00 from the Lotus Spa and you can use it as a lotion -love this product (a little goes a long way, smells good and leaves skin silky soft. The spa may even give you a sample if you ask. Corsages; have been red carnations. The photo sitting, you go to the photo department and request a private sitting, we have had one done on our balcony, not on a formal night, but put on our formal wear for the photos. It was hard to get the photo dept. to do it, but so glad we did. We did the photos leaving a port close to sunset. Some were taken inside the suite too. If you want this, request on embarkation day or day after.

The flower arrangement is nice, wouldn't need to purchase another.

The bar setup is nice and do not forget that you can switch out what you do not want or will use.

I don't think it will be that hard to go back, I haven't had a problem going from an inside to a suite, depends on the cruise and how much time you want to spend in the room and use of the amenities. I found the dining room breakfast to be just as nice as going to Sabatini's and the buffet has much more to offer. Enjoy, glad you will get to experience the suite life.

I use to like the shampoo but either my hair condition has changed but I'm bringing my own from now on. And the salts are nothing special. I stopped using it - it was almost like when you buy some cheap salt for your softener. It left a terrible black ring in the tub. I made sure that I cleaned the tub because I didn't want my steward to think I was THAT dirty. Maybe they have changed their supplier.

We have never taken a good picture on any cruise so we have never bothered to try the private setting.

Both of you will each get a red rose - it's a plain boutineer - like a guy wears at a wedding. On formal afternoon it will be delivered to your cabin. It is usually on the bed when we return mid afternoon.

Yes, you will never even want to go back to a mini.

Enjoy.

DW found the bath salts worked just fine and there was no ring in the tub.

On the Golden, the corsages were carnations.

On most ships there will be an invitation for a private sitting at the Platinum Studio. These studios have been installed where the golf simulators used to be. The photos there are custom black and white photos and start at about $175 for an 8x10 with slightly discounted packages going from there. These are not the standard ship's photos. DSIL was in a suite on the Island and bought a package of eight 8x10 photos :eek:

Here's a photo of the shampoo, conditioner, etc. I thought the additional flower in the bathroom was a classy touch.

www.flickr.com/photos/seawitch_platinum/8196364325/in/photostream

My apologies to the environment in advance but we bring our own in travel sizes or small containers. We ditch it all in the trash when it's time to leave.

My advice is to do Ultimate Balcony Dining. They will send a photographer.

Our formal night flowers on the CB were a red rosé boutonnière each. As we did not wear them, I unwrapped the green floral tape and stuck them in the floral arrangement and they lasted beautifully for the rest of the cruise! :)

Archived