Navigator formal nights in Europe

Giskard

We will be sailing next summer in the Mediterranean after a 2 1/2 week land trip in Europe. We don't mind dressing up (in fact our teenage son enjoys it) however I don't want to pack a lot of clothes and shoes to drag all across Europe. What have others done?

When we did NOS in the Med there were a wide range of dressings on formal nights. I only saw one tux and what I call a real formal gown. Most of the men were in shirt, pants and tie with no jacket. Most teenage boys just khakis with decent shirt and tie.

I found the dress alot less formal than the Carib sailings. Probably because the focus is the ports and the days are long.

Also saw alot just not dressing up at all.

We were on NOS in the eastern Med a couple of years ago and for our cruise there was a higher percentage of formal dress than we have seen on carribean cruises. Our dates were mid-June and had a higher number of European guests so perhaps that wqs a difference. For me, I just rented a tux rather than drag one around Italy for a week before the cruise. It worked out fine other than the extra packing space was consumed by my wife and daughter.

What have others done?

Honestly, we were so wiped out that we decided not to attend formal nights at all. We ate every dinner as casual in the Windjammer and have no regrests. Of course, this was on Brilliance which has the fabulous outdoor aft seating; Navigator does not. My point is that you may want to go casual as well and don't feel guilty if this is the case. A European adventure can wear a person out! :D:p

Archived