Hurricane Sandy - Contact info

SeaCruiser52

My wife and In are 3 star Mariners

Because of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy my company has suspended all vacations. I had to cancel my DEC 7th cruise.

As directed by my cruise agent I emailed HAL Guest Relations asking for a credit on a future cruise.

I have received no reply from them.

Does anyone know the email addressees and names of the President and Vice President of guest Services.

Your "cruise agent" do you mean a travel agent that booked the cruise for you? Or did you use an online cruise outlet? I would say if you booked through a travel agent, you should have them contact HAL directly.

Hurricane Sandy happened over a month ago have you been trying for that long to get an answer? I don't think email is the way to go. If you didn't book your cruise on line directly with HAL you need to have the agent who booked it do all the work.

My wife and In are 3 star Mariners

Because of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy my company has suspended all vacations. I had to cancel my DEC 7th cruise.

As directed by my cruise agent I emailed HAL Guest Relations asking for a credit on a future cruise.

I have received no reply from them.

Does anyone know the email addressees and names of the President and Vice President of guest Services.

While I agree that the cruise lines should make some exception because of Sandy I can pretty much tell you they most likely will not, that is what Travel Insurance is for and HAL offers their Platinum Insurance that has a cancel for Any Reason. If it was a cruise that occured during Sandy yes cruise lines made exception for those cruises that were effected but your Dec 7th cruise is not effected in any way. Sadly if HAL was to make an exception for this then they would have to start making all kinds of other exceptions for other terrible things that happen to people. I feel your pain and understand but would be very surprised if HAL did anything.

I have had requested for changes because of Sandy for a couple other cruise lines and they have all been denied so don't see HAL being any different.

Lisa, do the standard insurance policies from say Travel Guard, cover for natural disasters? During natural disasters? I woulds imagine that a cruise that occurs after the hurricane would not be covered unless you had the cancel for any reason policy, which by the way, I intend to buy in the future.

Carol yes if you were traveling during or with in days of Sandy then yes Travel Insurance like Travel Guard or HAL's would cover. But the storm itself is not stopping the OP it is their employer stopping vacation. So if you had Cancel for any reason type of insurance then it would cover. But regular travel insurance at this point most likely will not cover. I don't think "my boss says I now cannot take vacation" is a covered reason. The only exception is active military and orders getting changed. I do know if cases they have covered for that.

Carol yes if you were traveling during or with in days of Sandy then yes Travel Insurance like Travel Guard or HAL's would cover. But the storm itself is not stopping the OP it is their employer stopping vacation. So if you had Cancel for any reason type of insurance then it would cover. But regular travel insurance at this point most likely will not cover. I don't think "my boss says I now cannot take vacation" is a covered reason. The only exception is active military and orders getting changed. I do know if cases they have covered for that.

I think it really does depend on the policy, Lisa. For our last three cruises, we were able to include cancellation for work-related reasons and it did not restrict one to active military orders. The one caveat was that you had to be employed at that particular job for at least three years.

It was not 'included' in the basic policy; we had to pay extra to get that particular event covered.

partial quote

Hurricane Sandy happened over a month ago have you been trying for that long to get an answer? I don't think email is the way to go. If you didn't book your cruise on line directly with HAL you need to have the agent who booked it do all the work.

:confused: Oddly enough, most folks hit hard by the 'storm' did not think of their cruise plans ...their first thought was how to survive. One month later is like yesterday when a disaster hits.

Archived