Anyone on the Oceana 3rd Feb 2006

legospice

Alan and Joyce-This time next week and "we are sailling, we are sailling, on a ship around the sea" all together now ..... Eeehh i cant believe its only a week, i have left everything to the last minute, i really need to get organised.

We arrive in barbados at 1pm so i think we will be at the ship before all the other flights get in so plenty time to check out the duty free shops at the port and get some provisions. We should all meet up either before or after the lifeboat drill i will let you know what gets decided, as some of the others arent arriving until 5.30.

Going into town to get the last minute things tommorow so hopefully then i can get packed. Of to bed now, speak soon

Donna

Hi Donna – we are due to land at 3:25 pm provided we are not delayed. This will be our 4th cruise and first with P&O. I love that buzz you get when you first get a glimpse of the cruise ship – the excitement of your first exploration and getting lost, the warm nights on deck. We have booked two excursions with P&O and will do our own thing for other places. Got my supply of US Dollars to haggle with Taxi Drivers.

Just got to think about packing - of course its easier for me than Joyce – all I need is my dungarees, flat cap and wellies. P&O dress code doesn’t mention them so I should be all right.

See you soon.

Cheers Alan

Hi Allan,

Yep you should be allright, ive never heard anyone complain about that dress code before, im just worried what everyone will say about my pink hair, but at least it matches my luggage. I can just imagine the faces on the flight thinking to themselves, god i hope shes not on our cruise!! Hey its all in good fun!!

We are going to get a taxi up to the supermarket in tortola for some water and coca cola (the heavy stuff) there is one on Flemming Street in Road town and it opens at 8am on Sundays its perfectly walkable but i cant be bothered carrying the stuff so taxi it is.

Its our first with p@o as well, so lets see how it fairs. Im going on the QM2 in November but i wish i was on it last week, i would have been happy, full refund=free cruise, and i always like the sound of that.

Speak soon

Donna

Hi Allan and Joyce,

We are setting of to manchester at lunchtime tommorow, but i will check back before i go. I said to sue, ali and allan that we should all meet at the riviera bar after the saftey drill and get aquainted. You cant miss me as i have the pink bits in my hair. If there is any change in the meeting place or time i will stick a post-it on my door, its cabin D215.

Im of to my last shift at work now so i will see you on friday.

Im sooooohhhhh excited

Donna

Archived