No 7 Day Cruises next Feb. from NYC!

dongordon

I just received the 2005-2006 NCL brochure and it appears niether the Spirit or Dawn will have any 7 day cruises during President's Week. The ships are only featuring 10 and 11 day Carribbean cruises.

It looks as if the family will have to fly to catch a 7 day cruise and that is a "bummer" with the hight cost of flying plus the inconvenience.

I am surprised NCL does not have one of these ships leaving NYC on a 7 day cruise.

Don

Thanks Annie,

That is great news if it is true. However the brochure lists the Spirit as cruising to the "Exotic Southern Caribbean" on 2/19/06.

Where did you find this information.

Tommy:

What other cruise lines are leaving from NYC or NJ President's week 2006?

Don

Thanks Annie,

That is great news if it is true. However the brochure lists the Spirit as cruising to the "Exotic Southern Caribbean" on 2/19/06.

Where did you find this information.

Tommy:

What other cruise lines are leaving from NYC or NJ President's week 2006?

Don

7-Day Bahamas & Florida, New York round-trip

2006: Feb 19, 26; Mar 5, 12, 19, 26, Apr 2, 9, 16, 23

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_spirit.htm

How does the Spirit differ from the Dawn?

Don

The ships are very much alike. The Spirit is a bit smaller but has the same restaurants and services. If you look at the deckplans the major addition on the Dawn was all the mini suites and more full suites.

8 RESTAURANTS

Windows Main Restaurant

The Garden Room Main Restaurant

Tai Pan Bistro

Shogun Asian Restaurant

Maxim's Steakhouse

Raffles Terrace & Buffet

La Trattoria

Blue Lagoon Café

So if you are looking for a suite you choices are limited. On the other hand more standard balcony cabins to choose from.

The Spirit is going into drydock before moving to NYC. I not sure what changes will be made. One change will be the upgrade to all the kitchens since they were set up for Asian cooking. New beds perhaps - many find the current beds very hard and too low.

I love playing the upsell game. The spirit does not give you much of a chance if that is important.

Thanks Shoreguy for the information.

I called NCL and they said that there will be a 2/19/06 7 day cruise and the website was to be updated this Tuesday.

There were changes made to the Spirit's itinerary that differ from their brochure.

Just wondering if you know the price difference between a balcony and a penthouse (for 3) cabin?

Don

I called NCL and they said that there will be a 2/19/06 7 day cruise and the website was to be updated this Tuesday.

There were changes made to the Spirit's itinerary that differ from their brochure.

Just wondering if you know the price difference between a balcony and a penthouse (for 3) cabin?

Don

Jim,

Better watch out, pretty soon you are going to be the un-official booking agent for NCL:rolleyes:

Don, If you go on the NCL site you can find that information.

Don

Go here and put the info in the booking engine. Voila prices for all stateroom

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

FYI - about $5300 without insurance for an AD and about $4200 for a BA

I know this is probably a tough question if you were, BUT...

What did you like or dislike when making the comparison of the two ships?

Don

I have not been on the Spirit, yet ;) I have followed the posts here and around the net as welll as talked to a number of folks that have been on both. I can not make a fair first hand comparison.

For me the only thing that keep me from booking the Spirit is the joy I get from the upsell fairy. The Dawn gives me lots more chances. Last Feb I went from a Cat H deck four gdt to an AF mini for $500 total.

I also like the 10 day. I take one more day off and get 3 more days on the ship. I am able to work that thru. morning. Finish up my calls from the ship and only give up friday.

shoreguy, I like that strategy! i'll have to check out 10 day cruises from NY in the future - we've got the Dawn 7 day later this summer, and then RCCL Enchantment for a shorter spring break trip from FL in the spring of 06 (w/ kids), but perhaps summer 06! mom & dad only!

Archived