Runner up to VIV for Cave Tubing?

BarnyardCruising

Alas, I've waited to just over two weeks out to book my cavetubing trip and VIV is booked. Drat! Is there a close runner up to VIV? I've seen mentions of cavetubing.bz. Are they "the best" runner up?

Essentially, I do not want to spend my cave time with someone's feet in my armpits and it would be nice to have interactive, informative guides.

Thanks in advance!

Alas, I've waited to just over two weeks out to book my cavetubing trip and VIV is booked. Drat! Is there a close runner up to VIV? I've seen mentions of cavetubing.bz. Are they "the best" runner up?

Essentially, I do not want to spend my cave time with someone's feet in my armpits and it would be nice to have interactive, informative guides.

Thanks in advance!

We are booked through .bz and in a recent email inquiring about the above mentioned "feet in armpits" they say they have new tubes that will link together by other means.... BUT I have not seen a recent review, hoping someone will respond SOON, we will be there in 2 weeks and my DD has made it quite clear she "does not want gpa's feet in her armpits nor does she want her feet in anyone else's PITS" :eek:

I would by no means say that .bz is a "runner up". They are fricken AWESOME!!! We had the best time with them ever. I would not hesitate to go with them again.

Here is my review if you are interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

They make this tour information packed.

Yes, there have been some reviews that have came in confirming that they do indeed have the new tubes with the head rest on them and they also link together WITHOUT the armpit to feet link. ;)

I've also booked with .bz and they have pictures of their updated tubes as well as the info on their website. I saw reviews on Trip under Vitalano Reyes Cave tubing. They are prompt with responses and the reviews seem great. At first I was a bit unsettled when I realized I booked with .bz and not .com but the reviews and the promise of a home cooked meal put that aside :).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d645066-Reviews-Cave_Tubing_with_Vitalino_Reyes-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

We just returned from using .BZ the last week in November.

They do have the new tubes, they link together with hooks. The tubes have head rests, but not the bottom liner like VIV has. That really was not an issue. I am not very tall and never felt like I was falling through.

They gave us bottled water when they greeted us at the pier.

Driver seemed very safe. I had heard horror stories of bad driving from some companies, but never felt unsafe at all.

The guides went pretty fast on the walk. They did stop to show us the trees, but we never got to see the termites and none of the guides from any company could get the tarantulas out that day. I am guessing if we had asked them to slow down they would have. I think they go fast to get to the river ahead of the other groups. Once in the caves it can get crowded.

NOTE: I had sandles with heavy soles and straps, my feet did not hurt on the rocks. The rest of my family had water shoes on they say the rocks on the walk really hurt their feet.

I didn't realize until on the river how hard the guides have to work to pull all the tubes along. I thought they just walked and pulled the tubes. That is not the case. The river is pretty deep in parts and so they paddle with their arms while pulling the 4 tubes along. (Each guide took 4 people).

I was apprehensive about the free lunch too. My family was not too excited to hear stewed chicken and rice. It was VERY GOOD. I was surprised and glad we all tried something new. They all liked it as well. We got refills on our rum punch and soda too!

Overall, I am very pleased with .BZ:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks in advance!

I'm confused why people are looking for something as good as VIV instead of just going with VIV. Is there some reason NOT to use VIV? I'm concerned because I am scheduled with VIV.

I'm confused why people are looking for something as good as VIV instead of just going with VIV. Is there some reason NOT to use VIV? I'm concerned because I am scheduled with VIV.

The OP said VIV was booked by the time he tried. I booked with VIV last night, though I haven't received a confirmation yet. I'll give them a few days. i went with them because of the good reviews and as far as I can tell they carry all the tubes.

I was the original poster. I did not book with VIV because they were full that day by the time I emailed them. Nothing to be concerned about!

• 1 year later...

We went with viv cave tubing and zipline. The tubes are the best with headrests and you don't have to carry the tubes like the other vendors and it was great. If you just want a zipline, the Canopy Southshore zip line in Roatan is the best. Its only $40 thru Island Marketing and it was a blast.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk