Transfer times Egan Ctr to Whittier

CruiseMacKenzie

Does anyone know what time the Princess transfer bus starts running from the Egan Ctr in Anchorage to Whittier? I understand that it is a continual bus service..fill and go..

We are arriving at midnight the evening before and were just wondering if we can store our luggage at the Egan Centre and do some walking around Anchorage before taking the bus to Whittier?

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Does anyone know what time the Princess transfer bus starts running from the Egan Ctr in Anchorage to Whittier? I understand that it is a continual bus service..fill and go..

We are arriving at midnight the evening before and were just wondering if we can store our luggage at the Egan Centre and do some walking around Anchorage before taking the bus to Whittier?

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, you can store luggage there. With no time in interior Alaska I most certainly would not be in a rush to get to the ship. Downtown Anchorage has plenty to see and do. A nice walking tour map is included in their visitor guide. http://www.anchorage.net

IMPORTANT: Egan Center is NOT fill-n-go. When we went, there was ONE bus at 1:30 pm ONLY, then the lady said if there were enough people, there would be a 2 pm bus (which there happened to be). After that, they closed up shop and you had to get yourself to the airport by 4:30 pm, when the last shuttle ran from the airport to the Whittier port.

Contrary to what the 800 number customer service folks told us, you MAY check your luggage in (don't know what time in the morning it starts) and walk around downtown before boarding the bus. Keep hold of any overnight items, cameras, meds, etc. - they lost one of my bags and we didn't find it until 24 hours later.

Thanks for the info. The Princess Res line led me to believe that there are several buses running that day. We will check early and store our luggage if possible and have a walk around Anchorage. I have read there is a Sunday Market that we hope to pop in to see. I am arriving from the east coast of Canada so we are looking at a 5 hour time difference so we may be walking around in a complete daze!!!!

Thanks everyone...

If that market is open you will have a great time. I always find something there - when I have gone it is the "Saturday Market" but I think they expanded it for another day last year. It's not too far from the Egan Center. Nancy

Archived