Dining in Portofino's On The Explorer of the Seas When You Are In An Owners Suite?

Can anyone tell me in detail about the dining in Portofino's for Breakfast and Lunch on the Explorer of the Seas?

Is Breakfast cooked to order, as in there is a Menu?

Is it the same as the main Dining Room?

Is it a nice experience?

(I am used to Breakfast and Lunch in Cagneys on NCL ships, which I like a lot) :)

Is Lunch the same or is it a bring your food in from the Windjammer and sit down there?

What are the hours?

Thank you for any and all posts, I DO appreciate it! icon14.gif :)

It's only breakfast, not lunch. At lunch, you can get your food in Windjammer and sit in there, but there isn't a menu or food service. There is a separate breakfast menu and a small buffet of fruit, pastries, muesli, yogurt. The breakfast is cooked to order and it's nice and quiet. We were onboard 4-15 Nov in a GS and ate breakfast all but the first full day. We enjoyed talking to a couple of the staff. The Captain (Olav) ate breakfast there almost every morning. He was busy a few mornings getting the ship to the pier, but otherwise we saw him probably 6 times. He always said hello and everyone left him alone to eat. He's currently on vacation and out of our other times in a GS, that's the first time we've seen a Captain eating in the suite breakfast.

Hours were basically the same as the MDR breakfast hours.

I just got off the Explorer today, and was in a Suite. Actually it is breakfast and lunch that you can go in and sit down with your Windjammer food. For breakfast, there is a menu which you can order from, or just get the buffet. Even if something isn't on the menu order it - they'll make it! It was a great experience, no crowds, no waiting, and much quieter!

On the Voyager, I just grabbed breakfast myself at the Buffet, and then went into Portofinos to eat.

On the Allure you can eat in Izumi for Breakfast. Much more useful on the Allure as the Windjammer is so much more crowded

Archived