Resident Rate Question

hmwinter85

My DH and I are looking into going on the March 31 sailing on the Glory. There is currently a resident rate (Michigan) that I would like to book.

Ok so here's my problem. At the end of Sept we moved from Califronia to Michigan. We have been living with my In-laws since then while we look for a house. We have an offer accepted on a house and as long as everything goes smoothly (fingers crossed) we will be closing the week before Christmas. Since we don't want to go to the DMV more than once we haven't changed our licensees over to MI yet. So technically we are still CA residents. Can I book the MI resident rate now since we will be MI residents before we cruise or do I need to wait till all the paperwork is done and hope the rate is still available?

Yes you can.

It is no different then someone who books their cruise when they are 54 but they turn 55 before sail date. They still qualify for the senior rate.

When you enter your information be sure to use your current MI address. You can always update your mailing address after you get settled into your new home.

As long as you have your MI driver's license before you sail, as they could ask to see it at embarkation, to verify that you were eligible for the promotion.

I agree. I am pretty sure the time that we did the resident rate they did not ask for it, but I do not remember. But I would definitely have it available. Also, when you book it, I would ensure that you use a MI address, or maybe they would reject it then.

This was one of the rate options on Carnival's website. It is currently $100 cheaper then any other rate. I put CA in the search and the rate did not appear.

We too live in Michigan and are going on a cruise, leaving March 31st (but on the Valor). They have almost every state EXCEPT Michigan listed for the resident rate for our cruise. We got a great rate on it, but I'd love the price drop ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

Sue

If you book a fare with a resident rate - they will ask you to show proof of residence - we have one booked in Jan. on Celebrity and they have notification of that in the cruise contract. We'll show our D.L. so I'd book it and make sure you have your D.L. from MI by the time you cruise.

Another related question: My daughter and son will be sharing a cabin. One lives in NY and the other in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has a resident rate discount. Can I book the cabin as a MA resident and get the cheaper rate for both of them?

(I'm actually the one paying for it, and I'm a NY resident, but I assume that doesn't matter)

Another related question: My daughter and son will be sharing a cabin. One lives in NY and the other in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has a resident rate discount. Can I book the cabin as a MA resident and get the cheaper rate for both of them?

(I'm actually the one paying for it, and I'm a NY resident, but I assume that doesn't matter)

Same as the senior rate or past guest rate or any other rate- as long as one qualifies the whole cabin qualifies.

Archived