CPAP Machine

Gopher1934

I need to bring on a cpap machine first time.

on Norwegian can I bring on extension cord and power strip.

Last August on Celebrity they would not let us have a power strip they took our luggage and kept the power strip untill the end of the cruise.

I did not have a cpap machine then

The ship will have single prong cord's at the front desk, but limited, and on a first come basis. I alway's bring a mulity prong plug at least 15 feet to reach the bed, so there is no problem:cool:

On the Star last week and no problems at all. I always bring CPAP, cord, and Strip. Never have any problems. I also carry it on, it is the one thing that would make my cruise unbearable if I lost it. I think I got asked once what it was by an xray tech and when I said medical equipment, they apologized and quickly moved me along.

I use the ships water and not distilled. Just rinse well with vinegar on your return and you won't have any problems with scaling for the week. After 2 weeks on the epic for a TA in october I noticed a bit of scaling, but nothing major. Vinegar took it right off when I got home.

DH brings a three prong and an extention cord. You definately need an extention cord. You can request distilled water from the medical department if you want or you can carry your own onboard. However, DH has just used the ship's water. Since the water is so filtrated there have been no issues with the machine. Important, DO NOT FORGET EXTENTION CORD. The outlets are limited and not right next to the bed, even in a suite.

You can also send a request to NCL's access desk to receive a bottle of distilled water in your cabin. They have given a gallon of distilled water in the past, but bring a copy of your acknowledgement with you.

Give reservation and cabin # in your reguest.

Send to:

accessdesk@ncl.com

Hope this helps,

Angelo

In over 30 cruises I have brought an exstention cord my bipap machine and a power strip to charge my phone, plug in my curling ironkl etc.

The water is treated on the ship equal to distilled water and I use it from the bathroom sink. to problem and the ship rocking makes it awesome.

Archived