Are There Really Picnic Tables on Some Ships Now??

MrPete

They installed some on the Spirit in the BBQ area on the Sun deck while we were on the repositioning cruise. The BBQ wasn't the type you would find in a backyard, it was huge. Australians take their BBQ, coffee and beer seriously. BTW the new coffee on the Lido was the best I've ever tasted on any cruise.

Sounds like another false rumor. Perhaps you are referring to bar seating at RedFrog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. They are hardly picnic tables.

There are picnic type tables on The Liberty, so it's not a rumor.

What's wrong with picnic tables? I think they are awesome. We go camping a lot, so I can attest from experience they are actually the most efficient kind of seating you can have when eating outside. Most people probably don't think quite so much as me about that, but after more than a few spilt meals from a sitting on a lawn chair or a log, you come to appreciate the difference.

I'm 38 days out until I am back on deck woofing down a big fat burger with a tall frothy Red Frog at a picnic table, on a boat in the middle of the ocean. What could be more awesome in its awesomeness?

I've heard that fish scaling stations are up next with a premium paid for tuna caught!

Ee gads! What's next? Why, cruise lines may actually start making passengers cook their own dinner! But I am sure that would only happen on lower end "budget" lines...

http://blog.atlastravelweb.com/cruises/celebrity-cruise-lines-newest-ship-the-silhouette/

Ee gads! What's next? Why, cruise lines may actually start making passengers cook their own dinner! But I am sure that would only happen on lower end "budget" lines...

http://blog.atlastravelweb.com/cruises/celebrity-cruise-lines-newest-ship-the-silhouette/

DH & I love learning new cooking techniques, so this sounds like a lot of fun!! I'd love to "help out" the chef and get tips to grill at home :)

I think they are cheap looking and with no back to lean against will be uncomfortable. Maybe they intentionally used them to discourage people from just camping out in a very crowded area of the ship.

I used them on the glory by guys and the blue iguana. I loved them. The one by guys was themed. Didn't find them uncomfortable either but I just sat there long enough to eat. Tables in eating areas should be just for that.... Eating.

While they may be appropriately themed for the area where they are, they seem a little impracticle. They had similar seating at La Cucina on the NCL Pearl, and while I was able to eat my meal, it wasn't the most comfortable. Also, if we were traveling with my Mother, she couldn't get into that seating, or sit long enough to enjoy her meal, without back support.

We have "burn your own" steak night at the local VFW and it's great. The grills are on the oceanside deck and the smell is wonderful. If they offered a "specialty" restaurant that allowed you to do it, I bet it would be big!

Of course the hibachi set up next to the fish cleaning table could be a bit of a hazard, what with the fishing lines off the back of the boat and people fighting over who's going to "bob" for another cold brewski out of the shared cooler...

Sounds like another false rumor. Perhaps you are referring to bar seating at RedFrog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. They are hardly picnic tables.

Maybe family style seating will help cut down on the THOGS (table hogs) who camp out at a table all day?

Being this is a false rumor, since when are tables for eating only? Are you saying you've witnessed tables that don't exist being saved with eating utensils?

Anyone who has sailed on Carnival knows that charcoal grills are not allowed. :rolleyes:

Not even at the pier-side tailgate parties? That's a shame...Bubba will have to eat his weiners cold now I guess. :D

What's wrong with picnic tables? I think they are awesome. We go camping a lot, so I can attest from experience they are actually the most efficient kind of seating you can have when eating outside. Most people probably don't think quite so much as me about that, but after more than a few spilt meals from a sitting on a lawn chair or a log, you come to appreciate the difference.

I'm 38 days out until I am back on deck woofing down a big fat burger with a tall frothy Red Frog at a picnic table, on a boat in the middle of the ocean. What could be more awesome in its awesomeness?

Good to know that a Carnival cruise is still "a little" more luxurious than KOA! ;)

Archived