Drink package a good deal but how about some wines by the bottle ?

Josie2

We just got off 14 night Eclipse. Both DH and I had premium drink package and found it a good deal. Three or four liters of water a day, specialty coffees, beer with lunch, umbrella drinks by the pool. And lots (-and lots ...) of wine. We like to read/relax on our balcony in the pm and during sail away. During this few hours we like to have wine on the balcony. It is a bit of a pain having to run out to the bar all the time. It would be nice for if they would allow ( for example) " up to one bottle of wine per guest per day with a max value of $40" or something. I realize if it was unlimited some would take the bottle and either over share with others with no package or simply waste it. But something to cut down on having 6-8 empty glasses in our room and the trips to the bar would be nice. Any views ?

We just got off 14 night Eclipse. Both DH and I had premium drink package and found it a good deal. Three or four liters of water a day, specialty coffees, beer with lunch, umbrella drinks by the pool. And lots (-and lots ...) of wine. We like to read/relax on our balcony in the pm and during sail away. During this few hours we like to have wine on the balcony. It is a bit of a pain having to run out to the bar all the time. It would be nice for if they would allow ( for example) " up to one bottle of wine per guest per day with a max value of $40" or something. I realize if it was unlimited some would take the bottle and either over share with others with no package or simply waste it. But something to cut down on having 6-8 empty glasses in our room and the trips to the bar would be nice. Any views ?

Never going to happen just like "room service" drinks will never be included in packages. Too open for mis-use, ie supplying drink from Bottles or Room service to non-package passengers. Imagine if a couple, one with package, one without, if they supplied a Bottle, how would it be policed that only the 1 passenger drank from it?

I agree with jveevers, it would be too open to misuse. It's difficult enough to police it as it is. I imagine the cheats would have a field day if bottles for the room were allowed. :eek:

Did you take your wine allowance of 2 bottles? :)

is the premium drink package good in Michaels Club on the more expensive craft beer offerings as well?

Hello, yes all beers at Micheal's up to $12.50 are included. If you choose some of the more expenses beers, your sea card will be charged the difference above $12.50, but not the entire amount.

Happy Cruising.... I know I will be enjoying some of the beers at Micheal's when we cruise in January.

Hello, yes all beers at Micheal's up to $12.50 are included. If you choose some of the more expenses beers, your sea card will be charged the difference above $12.50, but not the entire amount.

Happy Cruising.... I know I will be enjoying some of the beers at Micheal's when we cruise in January.

The certainly have a lot to chose from. Fantastic selection, in fact.

DSC_9512.jpg

Archived