Hotels in Tenerife

dnovak99

My wife and I are booked on the 11/2005 Legend crossing and would love some advice about hotels prior to the cruise. We are currently booked into the Hotel Mency but understand that Seabourn has a hotel offered (I'm sorry I do not know the name) other than the Mency. The webiste states that when booking a hotel through Seabourn they take care of all transfers and such. My question - is it worth booking through Seabourn to obtain these transfers or should we simply stay with the room that we have already booked? Also - for anyboy able to answer - how far from the "downtown" area must one travel to embark? Thanks - all input is very much appreciated.

David

Seabourn used to recommend the Mency Palace hotel, but now uses Hotel Botanico. I have stayed at the Mency, and it is nice. Very quick walk to downtown and the ship. The taxi ride actually takes a few minutes longer, as the streets are winding and one way! My friends stay at the Botanico, and really like it! In my experience, it usually is much less expensive to book your own hotel (even the same hotel Seabourn uses) and use taxis. Both hotels are not too far from the airport and pier. If you book you own air, make sure your flight arrives in Tenerife Norte. The other airport is quite a hike to the hotels and pier! Hope this helps!

Host Dan

PS See you in November!

As Host Dan states make sure you are arriving at the correct airport. Tenerife has 2 and if you arrive at the wrong one your taxi fare will eat up any savings you thought you had and a whole lot more.

mcboo:):):)

We are on the crossing as well and are staying in Tenerife for 5 days beforehand. Can't really help with regard to hotels as we have stayed in timeshare resorts before and are doing so this time. We will be staying in the south (better weather) and hopefully will not have too much problem finding the ship as we will have all day (and a hire car). Don't think anywhere is too far on the island. Look forward to meeting you all on the crossing.:o

Thanks to those that responded. We too are looking forward to meeting all of you in November. Given what I've read here I think that we'll simply stick with our Hotel Mency reservation and make our own ground transport arrangements. We were previously aware of the North / South airport issue so were careful when we booked our flight to TFN. Thanks.

David

Archived