Family Suite on the Star

OvaDaTop

Thinking about going on the Star out of New Orleans in the Family Suite. Anyone have information on this cabin on this ship? Photos? Thanks!!!!

Lots of threads on the family suites when they came out and then some. Try doing a search.

Thinking about going on the Star out of New Orleans in the Family Suite. Anyone have information on this cabin on this ship? Photos? Thanks!!!!

We spent the week of thanksgiving in one of those suites. Had three grandkids with us. We loved it!! Was in 12028. Yes, we heard the thump thump of jobbers all hours of day and night. Take my word they didn't follow the time rules. I will say it never bothered me.

The kids loved laying in their bed and looking out the window. The whole wall was a window.

With the Murphy bed down we had the table and 5 chairs at the foot of the bed and it was crowded. The kids learned how to close up both beds rather than waiting on room Stewart.

We will definitely stay in this suite on any other ship that has them.

We had nice views on this side of the ship

We loved the floor to ceiling windows and all the suite perks that came with the suite. We had the first cabin closest to the pool, so the location was awesome. Hubby loved the coffee machine....No problems with noise at all!

We (four adults) stayed in SJ family suite 12518 for the Pacific Coastal last fall. It was a wonderful stateroom and we had no noise from above as the jogging track doesn't extend that far.

The four of us have one of the SG family suite with balcony booked next month for the caribbean out of New Orleans. We're losing the murphy bed and a little floor space but will have the balcony so consider it a fair trade.

We've stayed in several different types of suites and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in one of these again.

Just one tip: try to get a cabin that is towards the front of the ship from the fwd elevator lobby to avoid the jogging track. We stayed in 12020 which is located just by the lobby and never had any problem with the noise from above.

The people waiting for elevator in the lobby or coming through the lobby and walking towards the sun deck could sometimes be heard to the cabin but we were never disturbed about that.

12506 is as far forward as you can get in a SJ suite. We never had any overhead noise.

One thing though - as you can see from one of my pics - the suite has part of it's view blocked by scaffolding and a spotlight. It really should be listed as "obstructed view". JMO.

12506 appears to be right next to the DOS with its protruding dining space. Does that cause any privacy concerns for you? Can the occupants of the DOS look into your cabin as they look down the side of the ship?

12506 appears to be right next to the DOS with its protruding dining space. Does that cause any privacy concerns for you? Can the occupants of the DOS look into your cabin as they look down the side of the ship?

I have seen the situation from the DOS and only if it's dark outside, the curtains are open and there is somebody really close to the window in SJ, they could be seen but after I saw it myself, I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Hi Jussi! How are you both? We are seeing the whole crew this weekend to send Margaret and Steve off on their Gem cruise. Too bad you're not in NY.

Hi Claire! Thanks for asking, we are doing great and really looking for our next cruise (62 days until the flight to MIA), due to our travel companions on this trip we couldn't wait until the "reposition season" this time and are doing a B2B already in February, no NYC for us this time around. :(

I hope that everyone over there are doing great too, please tell everyone hi from us! :)

FYI - the two times I booked a family suite I kept watching the price on the DOS suites on deck 12, and by the time of the cruise the prices had dropped so much it wasn't much more to "move up".

Actually, one time after taking into consideration the free sodas and alcohol package it was actually cheaper!

While I'd still like to try out a Family Suite, the two bedroom/two bathroom DOS are great!

Archived