New to O - question about dining times and table size

caviargal

There are ten of us traveling on Riviera next fall. We are all booked in different room categories so booking in advance for the specialty restaurants for those in the least expensive cabins may be a challenge.

What are the most popular dining times for their European sailings? We like to have dinner at 8pm or later and I have noticed that on lines with a more mature demographic, the earlier times seem more popular. I am hoping this is the case with Oceania as well.

Also, do any of the restaurants have tables for 10? We would like to have dinner together on one or two evenings.

Thanks.

There are ten of us traveling on Riviera next fall. We are all booked in different room categories so booking in advance for the specialty restaurants for those in the least expensive cabins may be a challenge.

What are the most popular dining times for their European sailings? We like to have dinner at 8pm or later and I have noticed that on lines with a more mature demographic, the earlier times seem more popular. I am hoping this is the case with Oceania as well.

Also, do any of the restaurants have tables for 10? We would like to have dinner together on one or two evenings.

Thanks.

Earlier dining times seem to have a slight edge in popularity, except on sea days, when a more leisurely schedule applies.

While it is possible to get a table for ten in the Specialty Restaurants, particularly on the Marina & Riviera, it is much, much easier to arrange for a large party in the Grand Dining Room, where they have tons of table flexibility.

Aside from the complications of reserving a multi cabin category group, you may find that some of your friends resent being asked to use their prized reservation(s) for a group event.

Remember the old adage, "No Good Deed goes unpunished". :rolleyes:

I do not think you can say that it will all be early dinners ...some people do like to dine later it just depends on who is on that particular cruise

There are very few tables for 10 in the GDR but I would ask in advance to have one ...the Captain may be using one the night you decide to dine there ;)

You could reserve Privee for a fee it seats 10

The other dining venues the largest I have seen is an 8 top

Dining hours are 6:30 pm to 9 or 9:30pm

Enjoy

Archived