shuttle service from port of miami to FLL airport

cruizinmama

We go on a cruise that ends in Miami. I have been checking for flights to get home and it looks like flying out of FLL airport would be cheaper then Miami. I have been searching for shuttles from the port in Miami to FLL airport and they say to reserve ahead of time. Is this necessary or would it be fine to get off the ship and find a shuttle? The flight we're looking at does not leave till 6:30pm so not any issue for time. What have others done, what shuttle service is recommended and about what is the price? I did look at Express Shuttle and they look to be about $45 for 2 adults. That sounds like a good price but do we really need to book that ahead of time? Has anyone used this company. Sorry all the questions ths is just our first time booking everything on our own and not with a TA. If its too much of a hassle we'll probably just pay more to leave from Miami

[COLOR=black]- QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with prices starting at $15+ per person.

- If your flight is that late you are better off renting a car. ;)

- Stash your luggage in the trunk and go where you want for the day.

Good luck! :)[/color]

I know there are other options and I'm know as someone who always is looking for the best deal. Having said that, my wife and I used the shuttles you can reserve through Carnival. They used a large tour bus and were parked right by the exit ready to take your luggage. Very painless but I think it is $30-35 a person. We would use that again if we had a tight schedule.

The second time we rented a car. I can't remember which rental company (Avis?) but they have a location downtown about 1 mile from the cruise terminal. They provide a shuttle back to the site and you pick up your car. We had a late flight like you and so we drove up through south beach, had lunch and worked our way back to the airport.

In FL they are not allowed to penalize you for dropping off your car at a different rental location so it works were there.

• 2 weeks later...

In FL they are not allowed to penalize you for dropping off your car at a different rental location so it works were there.

You sure about this?

Ive been looking at getting a car in Miami and returning it in Ft Lauderdale. foxrentacar.com charges an $80 "drop fee" for this and doesnt charge that if I return it to the same place.

If you plan on going straight from the port to the airport I can't see anyone going through the hassle of renting a car and then catching a shuttle from the car rental company, that makes no sense to me at all. Lots of posters have used SAS shuttle and always hear good things about them.

If you plan on going straight from the port to the airport I can't see anyone going through the hassle of renting a car and then catching a shuttle from the car rental company, that makes no sense to me at all. Lots of posters have used SAS shuttle and always hear good things about them.

I would tend to agree with you except in this case the OP has a 6:30pm flight...I know I tend to avoid spending too much time at FLL post cruise..I think a car rental would be best in this situation...I have used SAS for our shuttle service FLL-POM & POM-FLL and yes they offer great dependable affordable service.

Archived