woo hoo have already $5.71 saved for my next cruise how do you save?

We save "found" money. We get a quarterly rebate on our grocery credit card. That money goes into our ING account. If I sell something on Ebay or Craigslist that goes into the account. Right now we have about $3500 in the vacation account.

We also have the RCCL VISA credit card. That will pay the majority of the cruise cost for some cruises.

2 years ago my SO bought a small portable snow cone stand. From April til October we sell snow cones at festivals and birthday parties on weekends. The profits pay for our Christmas cruise without having to change our budget to fit a vacation into it. We loose our weekends for 6 months but it's worth it!

I just book cruises. LOL

I pay off all my credit cards each month, so I have no debt (sans mortgage and car payment) but my boss is good to me so I seem to be able to cruise 3-4 times per year and save money too.

I like the idea of an ING account (what does that stand for?) perhaps I will start a "vacation" fund and deposit money into it each pay period and just watch it grow. I aslo get a quarterly bonus, that can go into a "fun" account too.

You'd think being an accountant that I would live on a budget, but I only buy what I need throughout the year, and mostly just spend my money on vacations!

I'm opening a vacation account today!

Thanks for the advice! :D

I have my own design business & no set income or pay day, so when I finish bigger projects I budget to place those payments into a seperate higher interest holiday account, I let the little jobs cover the day to day living expenses.

I also do freelance work for clients overseas who pay me by PayPal, so those smaller amounts are left in the PayPal account out of sight more or less & before you know it I have $1000 or more sitting there, at which time I then withdraw it & transfer to my holiday account.

PayPal like to send me emails encouraging me to spend it on Ebay, but a cruise is much more fun!

Mostly I book & pay a deposit then save the balance, if I don't have a set cruise to save for I tend to spend on other things.:D

For those using ING...bring bought out by capital one may make a difference. I have accounts with them as well as sharebuilder for investments and have been told some changes are coming next year - and knowing capital one the changes will not be good for consumers.

As for saving, put a little away each paycheck, but i took measures several years ago to eliminate all my debt....Put a debt plan in place to remove the CC debt and other types like that (I know not everyone can eliminate things like mortgages).

For side income, look into mystery shopping. I know it may sound ridiculous, but once you get started doing some of these shops for the different companies you can bring in a nice little side stash to put away for cruises. Just be patient as it takes time for them to start paying (can be only once a month for some companies)

I put $100 in a savings account every pay. This takes care of our spending money for the cruises. I typically take half of my bonus and pay one cruise off and put the other half away. Then DW saves about $35 a week by not spending her crazy money (we each take $35 a week to do whatever we want with) and putting it away to pay for out fall cruise which typically is cheaper tan our enter cruise by a fair amount.

We rarely eat out, we take no summer trips and we do our best to minimize expenses at Christmas time. Birthday presents are usually cruise related - money usually,

My husband is disabled so living on one income and disability is a lil tough. I cut corners, rearly namebrands dont go to show and movies (which I do like) but if the choice is cruise or movies etc I pass on all that. Save enough to go, and dont go over the top on expenses on the cruise..

We do use the coin jar in our home, which consist of the coins at the end of the day and any "Found" money from the laundry. These lil things at least pay for our hotel and tips.

I know Im going to start using some of the ideas listed on this thread to make it a lil easier for our next cruise..

")

well when i get a job im ganna find another one so that way the second job is my cruise money job :D

Or find a job where you can pick up extra shifts or overtime. I pick up extra shifts to pay for our cruises and spending money. I work myself ragged for a few days but it's worth it when I get on that ship! :D I charge everything to my RCCL card then pay it off to build up those points which you can use for discounts, OBC, or towards a free cruise.

Or find a job where you can pick up extra shifts or overtime. I pick up extra shifts to pay for our cruises and spending money. I work myself ragged for a few days but it's worth it when I get on that ship! :D I charge everything to my RCCL card then pay it off to build up those points which you can use for discounts, OBC, or towards a free cruise.

great idea!!!!:D and when i have a job im deff going to get a RCCL card!!! cause i want to earn points towards a cruise lol!

Archived