What was your favorite food at the steakhouse?

mom22tinks

Could someone tell me what's in the chocolate sampler? I am not a fan of dark chocolate or many chocolate covered fruits. I recently saw a menu for Scarlett's on Valor and didn't see it listed. Also, while I am here what is the minimum age? My son is twelve, thanks!

I dont care for dark chocolate either so dont do the sampler. Food is great but personally dont think the desserts are all that great.

Just wish the cheesecake would be a heavy NY style one and than would be in 7th heaven.

Used to be the porterhouse but now gotta say the onion soup.

Is the onion soup better than in the MDR. Because in the MDR it seemed like watered down broth with a couple of onions, and a couple of croutons and a little cheese. I LOVE french onion soup and I am not really picky about it, but what I had was barely worth it. It was like beef broth. It does not have to be super thick, but I just don't want a water like substance with no taste.

it is awesome - there are 3 separate chocolate type dishes - Bittersweet Chocolate Cake, Banana Pannacotta Tiramisu and Chocolate Marquise. You can find a Steakhouse Menu on the Valor's site and it should be listed. There is absolutely no age limit although I highly recommend if a child cannot site for 1 1/2 to 2 hours not to put them through it - at 12 I am sure your son will be okay

Thank you all for the information! My son has no problem sitting especially if there is lobster bisque and lobster tail in front of him!:D

Rosemary bread!! Addicting! Having said that, I wouldn't go again. It was nice, but similar to any steakhouse I can eat at, at home. I thought the dining too

Food was very good, so I just wouldn't spend the money. I personally would not take my children there. It is a long meal and more of a romantic place.

Thank you all for the information! My son has no problem sitting especially if there is lobster bisque and lobster tail in front of him!:D
LOL - Sound like my youngest son (now 12), although he substituted the crab cake for the lobster bisque. One word of caution when bringing a child: the portions are huge. We brought son to the steakhouse on Pride when he was 10. He ordered crab cake, caesar salad, and surf and turf. Made it through the appetizer and salad just fine, but faltered when the entree arrived. He ate most of the lobster tail, but only a little of the filet (DH finished that for him) and skipped dessert.

So of course the Surf and Turf was good, as was the onion soup.

What really stands out to me is the little bites between courses.

The little tiny cheeseburger was OUTSTANDING! I enjoyed the whole thing, especially paired with a bottle of wine (we drank the whole bottle), we had a great time. We will be doing it again on the Conquest in October 2013.

Archived