Booking a cruise while on a cruise?

ffmack

Does anyone know if I book a future cruise while on a cruise will I get money off or a onboard credit. We are setting sail on January 27 aboard the Carnival Glory, and we have already picked out our next cruise for Sept 28th of next year. If I wait to book the Sept cruise on the Glory will I get a better deal?

If you book your next cruise while on the Glory you will get OBC of $50 - $200 per cabin depending on the length of the next cruise. A 7day = $100. You will also receive 2 friends and family certificates. These will give the same OBC to friends or family that books the SAME cruise that you did within 60 days of your booking.

What is the Loyalty and Cruise Vacation ProgramLoyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

The Future Cruise Certificates are a thing of the past......you can no longer buyone for $100 for use within the next 2 years.....you actually have to book the exact cruise and dates in order to get the OBC.....they applied the $100 we spent on the certificate to our cruise balance (so reduced our amount due by $100) and then we had $100 OBC. I think that was refunfable if not used. we just let our tips get applied to it.

SORRY......I read it wrong......if you book your next cruise while on a cruise, you WILL receive OBC .... but the Future Cruise Desks are not on all ships, I don't know how they accommodate you if your ship does not have that desk.

SORRY......I read it wrong......if you book your next cruise while on a cruise, you WILL receive OBC .... but the Future Cruise Desks are not on all ships, I don't know how they accommodate you if your ship does not have that desk.

The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

Ships without a future cruise desk, can't purchase a future cruise. :(

The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

I read somewhere that Carnival has discontinued this program fleetwide, and no longer has Future Cruise Sales people on board. Now they try to get you to sign up for their Carnival credit card instead.

i booked a cruise while on board.

-not all the employee's who work at the future cruise table are knowledgeable on other ships and their features.

-make sure you do all the research ahead of time and print out a mock booking in the category that you want.(this way you will know what the price should be in the category you want, and you should know what room # you want or at least the general area on the boat you want to be at)

-i booked 2 connecting rooms so i received $100 obc for each room

-i also received 2 friends and family $100 obc for each room( these vouchers must be used for the exact same cruise you are going on, same ship same cruise dates)

-i don't remember any time frame for the friend and family vouchers being booked as stated in an earlier post

-i used 2 of the family and friends vouchers(my sister, and mother and law both booked rooms on the same cruise)

-the other 2 vouchers i gave away free by posting in this forum to see if anyone was thinking of going on the same cruise and could use them(i didn't want them to go to waste, and i definitely was not trying to profit from them by trying to sell them to people)

I read somewhere that Carnival has discontinued this program fleetwide, and no longer has Future Cruise Sales people on board. Now they try to get you to sign up for their Carnival credit card instead.

FCC has been discontinued. Booking a cruise while on a cruise and getting obc has not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Do your research ahead of time and know the exact cruise and location you want. The rep on my cruise a few weeks ago made a big mess and it was a hassle to try and get it fixed. Thank goodness the Carnival reps on the phone were able to help me.

If you book onboard they do give you $50-$200 onboard credit along with 2 FCC for guests traveling on the exact cruise with you. I was not informed of a 60 day time frame to use the FCC's.

i booked a cruise while on board.

-not all the employee's who work at the future cruise table are knowledgeable on other ships and their features.

-make sure you do all the research ahead of time and print out a mock booking in the category that you want.(this way you will know what the price should be in the category you want, and you should know what room # you want or at least the general area on the boat you want to be at)

-i booked 2 connecting rooms so i received $100 obc for each room

-i also received 2 friends and family $100 obc for each room( these vouchers must be used for the exact same cruise you are going on, same ship same cruise dates)

-i don't remember any time frame for the friend and family vouchers being booked as stated in an earlier post

-i used 2 of the family and friends vouchers(my sister, and mother and law both booked rooms on the same cruise)

-the other 2 vouchers i gave away free by posting in this forum to see if anyone was thinking of going on the same cruise and could use them(i didn't want them to go to waste, and i definitely was not trying to profit from them by trying to sell them to people)

Great advice on doing a mock booking. The Future Cruise Rep on the Liberty screwed up my reservation and I had to spend over an hour trying to get Carnival to fix it. Then another hour trying to get my onboard credit added to my booking!

• 2 weeks later...

And Carnival makes no exceptions for people who want to book a future cruise while on 1 of these ships. At least when they were still doing the FCC's, if you were on 1 of the above ships, you could still call within the week and purchase an FCC. Wish they would do that now.

Do your research ahead of time and know the exact cruise and location you want.

We used a computer on the ship (Carnival site is free) and were able to check out the prices and cabins available. When we went to book, we must have been lucky and got the one rep who knew what she was doing.

Still took about 1/2 hour to confirm pricing and choice of cabin. She was able to see all of the available cabins in the category and not just the 10 on the website that we saw. We were able to get a better cabin than what we saw when we did a mock booking.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our trip on the Glory. We booked our Sept 28th cruise on the Dream. We received $100 On Board Credit and two Friends and Family Credits, which they will received $100 OBC if they book with in 60 days. They would not allow me to use my Future Cruise Voucher along with it, so I'm going to use it for next February. If I don't use my two Friends and family credits here in the next month then I will offer it on this page on a first come first serve so stay tuned. Also our deposit was only Half price, but he told us that it only counts for curtain bookings, and not available half price all the time.

P.S. If you plan to book on the cruise, do your research and pick your cruise and room prior to leaving home.

Archived