flight to MIA

cjar855

My last three cruises out of Miami I flew out at 10:15. Some would say this is a bit crazy, but I had a lot of time to spare for each one. Just walk off the ship when the first call is made. True, things could go wrong and you could get delayed. I guess it just depends on your risk tolerance. Personally, I am fine with it.

This past October we were on a 1:15 flight home to BOS on a Saturday..had zone 19 debark tags,(which we used) and managed to make a standby flight that left at 11:30.

So, barring complications, if you get off early and are doing self debark, Its doable..the earlier, the better for sanity sake.

We just returned yesterday from our valor cruise. We had an 11 am flight from miami. Debarkation was a little delayed due to issues with security. Nobody got off until 8. We were off quickly with self assist and got to the airport just in time. About 10 mins after we got into the security line the line was snaked all around the airport. We waited for over 35 mins just to get too security as they only had 2 lines. Made it to our gate just before 10. I can't imagine how long the people behind us waited. It was very slow. For peace of mind i wouldn't do it again. Too stressful. I am not even sure how many other ships were in port

This past October we were on a 1:15 flight home to BOS on a Saturday..had zone 19 debark tags,(which we used) and managed to make a standby flight that left at 11:30.

So, barring complications, if you get off early and are doing self debark, Its doable..the earlier, the better for sanity sake.

You really cannot compare debarkation experiences from a cruise in October to a cruise in April. There are less sailings arriving in the fall than in the spring.

The OP is sailing in high ship season with more passengers getting flights.

We have arrived in POM {September sailing on a Sunday} as the only ship in port and only 1 ship arriving in FLL. We were off Valor with zone 8 by 8:15 am and at FLL airport by 9:30 am using CCL transfer and no they left without being a full bus. We could have easily made a 11 am flight. Our flight was at 2 pm so we people watched before checking in, LOL

i also just got off the valor. delayed getting off due to customs being late. never know what can happen. we were at the airport by 9am. we had zone 1 vip. we checked in and it took us about 40 minutes to get through security also, and that is with my aunt in a wheelchair!! we had a 2pm flight so we knew we had plenty of time. but security and the lines in MIA are TERRIBLE no matter what time of year

You really cannot compare debarkation experiences from a cruise in October to a cruise in April. There are less sailings arriving in the fall than in the spring.

The OP is sailing in high ship season with more passengers getting flights.

We have arrived in POM {September sailing on a Sunday} as the only ship in port and only 1 ship arriving in FLL. We were off Valor with zone 8 by 8:15 am and at FLL airport by 9:30 am using CCL transfer and no they left without being a full bus. We could have easily made a 11 am flight. Our flight was at 2 pm so we people watched before checking in, LOL

many apologies.. I did not look at his signature, and did not realize that the OP was questioning his cruise in April. I assumed it was a general question. thank you for opening my obviously closed minded response.

I personally prefer to fly in the day before my cruise. I would hate for any delays or complications to cause a missed vacation. It also allows some time to relax and really get into vacation mode. However, I have to fly from Canada and weather issues can really wreak havoc on a scheduled flight time.

As some posters previously mentioned, it is really up to you and your tolerance for risk. Either way, best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

I personally prefer to fly in the day before my cruise. I would hate for any delays or complications to cause a missed vacation. It also allows some time to relax and really get into vacation mode. However, I have to fly from Canada and weather issues can really wreak havoc on a scheduled flight time.

As some posters previously mentioned, it is really up to you and your tolerance for risk. Either way, best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

mavvie,

totally agree with you on flying in the day before..one of my major issues with airport check in the day of is the priority service folks get for pushing their luck...

but I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about debarkation day, as opposed to embarkation, given the way the question is worded.

Archived