Some Questions from Platinum Cruiser Regarding FTTF Program

Sailfish

I hope someone can help clarify something for me concerning the FTTP as it relates to VIFP Program.

I noticed when I printed up my cruise documents the other day that it no longer indicated we were VIP and it no longer had the new VIFP Logo on it; it only said "Priority". I understand the cruise line is phasing in the FTTF program on some ships; this must be why. Can someone confirm this for me? What happened to all the VIFP hubbub?

I noticed that included among some of the benefits of the FTTF program are early stateroom availability and luggage access; is this also going to be extended to Platinum and Diamond members? I have found no documentation about this among the VIFP stuff - might be I missed it, but I can't see to find it.

We are looking forward to our New Years Eve cruise on the Splendor. I am not concerned about our "benefits" or lack thereof. I just would like to know what to expect.

Thank in advance for addressing my questions.

Suzi

I hope someone can help clarify something for me concerning the FTTP as it relates to VIFP Program.

I noticed when I printed up my cruise documents the other day that it no longer indicated we were VIP and it no longer had the new VIFP Logo on it; it only said "Priority". I understand the cruise line is phasing in the FTTF program on some ships; this must be why. Can someone confirm this for me? What happened to all the VIFP hubbub?

I noticed that included among some of the benefits of the FTTF program are early stateroom availability and luggage access; is this also going to be extended to Platinum and Diamond members? I have found no documentation about this among the VIFP stuff - might be I missed it, but I can't see to find it.

We are looking forward to our New Years Eve cruise on the Splendor. I am not concerned about our "benefits" or lack thereof. I just would like to know what to expect.

Thank in advance for addressing my questions.

Suzi

I believe that VIP was changed to Priority because it was getting confused with VIFP. Everyone is a VIFP but only Platinum, Diamond and those who purchase the FTTF have priority boarding and early luggage delivery to their cabins.

Not all ships have the FTTF program. For those ships that do, Platinum and Diamond also get to access their cabin upon boarding and early luggage delivery. Platinum and Diamond actually benefit on ships that offer the FTTF.

I have fifty something C days before Diamond as for the luggage on the Breeze out of Miami.

Boarding the same elevenish, luggage arrived six thirty.

Not sure if the program was on the Breeze or not but there was a group sitting in front of me that were boarding with red and blues cards :confused:

In talking with them ,none were Platinum ?

The hats made a mess out of the VIP and VIFP. Everyone thought they were VIP.

So now they had to change that headache to Priority ;)

Thanks for the fast replies. I was on the Dream in July - the FTTF program must not have been in place then because our rooms weren't ready early and luggage was delivered late. I don't believe the Splendor has rolled out this program yet; we are cruising in 3 weeks. Anyone know the "schedule" when all the ships get the FTTF program?

Thanks

Suzi

Have they just made everyone FTTF? :confused: I was just looking at my ship luggage tags for my upcoming cruise and along with the word "Priority", there is also the FTTF logo. I haven't bought the FTTF package (don't need to as I'm Platinum). Why are they treating us Platinum cruisers the same as the newbie cruiser who paid an extra $50? :mad:

Have they just made everyone FTTF? :confused: I was just looking at my ship luggage tags for my upcoming cruise and along with the word "Priority", there is also the FTTF logo. I haven't bought the FTTF package (don't need to as I'm Platinum). Why are they treating us Platinum cruisers the same as the newbie cruiser who paid an extra $50? :mad:

Because they can, and they are revenue driven!! Loyalty is out the door, $ are in!!

I have fifty something C days before Diamond as for the luggage on the Breeze out of Miami.

Not sure if the program was on the Breeze or not but there was a group sitting in front of me that were boarding with red and blues cards :confused:

Breeze does not have the FTTF program so no one had priority luggage delivery. Therefore everyone gets their luggage randomly regardless of color level.

Just looked on my tags for next cruise & it just says priority. No FTTF but I'm not sure it the Pride is doing FTTF.

all tags said

Priority..didnt even notice on my Sept cruze....but all worked for me. I have 47 Carnivals with well over 250 Sea days..up til Christmas. Early board, cabin, bags, are good for me then I can enjoy lunch! The other Diamond perks have been very good as well.

I believe that VIP was changed to Priority because it was getting confused with VIFP. Everyone is a VIFP but only Platinum, Diamond and those who purchase the FTTF have priority boarding and early luggage delivery to their cabins.

Not all ships have the FTTF program. For those ships that do, Platinum and Diamond also get to access their cabin upon boarding and early luggage delivery. Platinum and Diamond actually benefit on ships that offer the FTTF.

You are correct.

This was changed to stop any confusion between VIP and VIFP....

you had folks who were VIFP thinking they were VIP....

Have they just made everyone FTTF? :confused: ? :mad:

FTTF is only limited to 30 cabins depending on how many platinum/ diamond cruisers are sailing.

I find it funny that families that book multiple cabins will pay once and try to get all the cabins through the line. (this is something I really hope carnival enforces but they probably will not.

I am platinum- my boarding stuff only has Priority on it-- Nothing stated about FTTF.

You are still Platinum, they only changed the VIP to Priority because of the confusion in the new names.

Supposedly, you're only going to get the FTTF perks on ships that already offer FTTF if you're Plat/Diamond - unless you purchase the FTTF.

I just checked my tags for our cruise in January and they do say Priority where it used to say VIP (we are also Platinum). We have the FTTF logo on ours and from what I read, all ships leaving from Port Canaveral now offer the program. From what I have read, if that program is offered where you are sailing from, it will be on your tag. If it isn't yet, you will only have priority on your tag.

I am curious to see how this all plays out in January. We have been Platinum for a few years now and I will make sure to let everyone know of any differences we encounter, if any on this cruise.

I am looking forward to being able to access our cabin so we don't have to carry around our luggage we don't check and look forward to getting our luggage earlier so we can get in vacation mode quicker!

FTTF is not on the Breeze. The only perk to booking a suite is priority boarding, hence the red and blue cards in the VIP lounge with you.

Archived