RCI needs to Improve Their On Line Check In

stones902

Oops, I meant that this only happens if I click on "Remove All Cookies" not when I delete individual cookies. Remember, I'm computer illiterate.:o

I have a file set up with all passwords for sites just in case they get deleted.:p

You are doing good Patti!!! :)

We too have a file of passwords, drives us crazy......just when you know them you read something scary and then change them all again to be Safe? The mind is so full of info not needed, we run out of room for the important stuff.:eek:

On our last cruise Liberty Nov/12, they did not ask for disembarking info, we asked the room att. and he already had our luggage tags and times according to our info on the Sea Pass.

It seems as though every time we try and check in on line for an upcoming cruise we have issues such as "The system is unavailable - please try again later", or instances where we have to enter the same data multiple times because we misentered a minor date or number in the same form. I would like to see RCI give the user a chance to correct the typo without having to re-enter the entire passport number, travel plans etc.

Just venting but it seems as though their on line check in has more issues than other carriers.

Yes, I've noticed that issue also.

I agree with you Gina. Also, the debarkation information collected on the website needs to be provided to the Purser's office on board. It should not be necessary to fill out that extra debarkation time / method form on day 3 unless the information has changed from the day you complete your Set Sail Pass.

You're right. And they are trying to "save the waves" by not giving us vouchers when we pre-pay gratuities when it only affects a limited number of people. Debarkation affects us all. They need to figure out a way to use the information we have already provided and save all those forms on the ship that shouldn't be necessary. :) With modern day technology, this shouldn't be a problem for them to do.

Gina

Oops, I meant that this only happens if I click on "Remove All Cookies" not when I delete individual cookies. Remember, I'm computer illiterate.:o

I have a file set up with all passwords for sites just in case they get deleted.

I've been meaning to do that. Only I think it's too late. I can't remember all the sites :eek: until I need them. :D

Gina

This is my first time back to RCCL in a couple of years, after sailing mainly on Celebrity, Princess and Holland America, and I'm finding the web site very difficult to deal with. Sometimes, when I try to view my reservation, I get the message that my "reservation is being modified" and to try again later. Despite being sent an email with a link to click on to make a payment, it didn't work and I had to pay via phone with the RCCL agent (an issue she was aware of.) Downloading a shore excursion brochure puts a file on my desktop with the extension .do (not .doc or .pdf, which would make more sense) and it won't open. When I try to order a wine package, I get the message:

"Online sales for Wine Packages are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date." Closer to my sail date? I leave in three weeks. And when the reservation says "Ground Transportation: No Airport Transfers selected. More info" (where the "More info" is a link,) it links to Luggage Valet, but not airport transfers. This is all pretty rinky dink stuff, and does not inspire confidence in the line and what I might expect on board the ship :(

My husband teaches all kind of computer courses at one of our local universities. I should suggest to him that his students work on RCCL's internet user-experiences as a project!

I've alway found that IT is NOT one of the cruiseline's strengths.

Ann

How soon before your cruise do you need to check in?

Goldgirl2--if you're directing your question to me, the web site says online check in must be completed three days prior to sailing.

And here's another interesting glitch: While trying to browse the Gold wine package, I got the same message about online wine sales not being available. But when I browsed the Platinum package, the wine sales WERE available, and I could order then and there.

Huh???

While checking in again, well in advance, I still don't think it's asking too much for RCI to save basic info - like the country I'm born in, I'm married, my emergency contact. Yes, I can double click and fill in some of the info. And scrolling all the way down to the U for United States isn't asking a whole lot. But I don't think it's asking a whole lot for them to save some of this stuff.

Double clicking the passport section only brings up XXXXXandthelast4numbers of my passport so I really have to go fill it in, including expiration date which isn't going to change for another 8 years. :rolleyes: I would rather RCI save that for future reference. If I want to change my emergency contact info, I can always change it in the future. In the mean time, I'd like them to keep all the basic information as is and ready to go.

A minor annoyance, I know...but still they should use modern technology to save and protect our info.

Gina

This isn't on line check in but I ran across another duplication of information request today. We completed our cruise on the Oasis 2 weeks ago. As we always do, we completed the comment card before we left the ship and put it into the box near Guest Services on board. We always provide an honest assessment of our week (accolades and criticisms) as that information is useful to improve future cruises.

So today I received a blast email from RCI asking me to complete another survey asking many of the same questions (perhaps more detailed). I started the survey but when it became apparent that it would take much longer than the time I had available I bailed out on the survey.

Feedback is important but I think it is redundant and unnecessary to ask people to complete 2 surveys. Again, just my humble opinion.

We ask for a second (and to be honest sometimes a third) questionnaire at the hotel I work at. Why? because almost always the responses are a bit difference. One little thing happens that I don't like and I will be hot pissed for a bit. Ask me about the same experience 2 weeks later and my response is usually very different. We want that first gut reaction we also want to know how they look back on the experience some time later. Both are very helpful in knowing how we are doing and comparing the two... oh boy so helpful.

We ask for a second (and to be honest sometimes a third) questionnaire at the hotel I work at. Why? because almost always the responses are a bit difference. One little thing happens that I don't like and I will be hot pissed for a bit. Ask me about the same experience 2 weeks later and my response is usually very different. We want that first gut reaction we also want to know how they look back on the experience some time later. Both are very helpful in knowing how we are doing and comparing the two... oh boy so helpful.

OK that seems reasonable. One can have a different reaction to an experience when they look back after a period of time. Still, I was 10 minutes into this latest RCI survey and according to the completion bar at the bottom of the page wasn't even 1/2 of the way through. I suppose 6 months from now I might even have different opinions on our cruise but I hope RCI doesn't send me another survey! :rolleyes:

Guest maddycat
I have a file set up with all passwords for sites just in case they get deleted.:p

I keep them on a flash drive which I continually update. I also print out a copy that I keep in my file cabinet.

Clearing your history does only that - clears history. All form info is still saved. Clearing your cookies not only deletes form info but all your saved passwords, too. :eek: If I do that, I'll be lost. That's why I hate getting a new PC.

If your forms are still filling in, those cookies have not been cleared. RCI really should have a "save" option for info we want kept on their website for easier on line check in. Just like businesses allow us to save our credit card information at their site if we so desire (which I don't). I say yes to saved passport info and no to credit card info. The option is what I would like to see.

Gina

Interesting. I use IE and clearing cookies does nothing but delete the basic stuff. RCI uses flash player cookies and so do google,and most others,etc. The reason people get all this advertising stuff coming up when they go online is because they never clear their flash player cookies, doing this wipes you clean from all the junk RCI and others put on your pc, cuts the cord so to speak. But as stated above this also wipes out your PW's if you click the box to remember me, so if you clear the flash player cookies, have your PW's written down.

If you have never cleared your flash player cookies you will be in for a huge surprise, pages of junk stored on your PC.

[quote name='mommabean'] I say yes to saved passport info and no to credit card info. The option is what I would like to see.

Gina[/QUOTE]

I hate the fact I have to add in the passport # and it's saved in their not so reliable system until the cruise - mine gets added at the last minute... i'd much rather someone steal my visa or mastercard number than my passport!

Archived