RCI needs to Improve Their On Line Check In

stones902

It seems as though every time we try and check in on line for an upcoming cruise we have issues such as "The system is unavailable - please try again later", or instances where we have to enter the same data multiple times because we misentered a minor date or number in the same form. I would like to see RCI give the user a chance to correct the typo without having to re-enter the entire passport number, travel plans etc.

Just venting but it seems as though their on line check in has more issues than other carriers.

It seems as though every time we try and check in on line for an upcoming cruise we have issues such as "The system is unavailable - please try again later", or instances where we have to enter the same data multiple times because we misentered a minor date or number in the same form. I would like to see RCI give the user a chance to correct the typo without having to re-enter the entire passport number, travel plans etc.

Just venting but it seems as though their on line check in has more issues than other carriers.

I have had to call the IT number for the check-in more than once because of glitches.

I don't have glitches but I'd still like to see them save information that doesn't change from cruise to cruise - like the passport number. A few things will autofill from my computer but some things need to be saved by RCI in our accounts as routine information.

Gina

I don't have glitches but I'd still like to see them save information that doesn't change from cruise to cruise - like the passport number. A few things will autofill from my computer but some things need to be saved by RCI in our accounts as routine information.

Gina

Our passport numbers are saved in their system. I just type in the first number and both numbers appear. I just have to make sure that I click on the right number when entering passport info. My last number is one digit higher than Jim's.

Our passport numbers are saved in their system. Since our passports were issued at the same time and our numbers are exactly the same up to the last one where I am one number higher, I have to make sure that I click on the right number when entering passport info. I just type in the first number and both numbers appear.

In Royal Caribbean's system? I've found no place to put it. It may be on auto-save in your own browser if your browser supports that sort of info.

When you say you have to click on the right number, that leads me to think it's in your system - not in RCI's or there would only be one number and it would be linked to your name.

Gina

Our passport numbers are saved in their system. Since our passports were issued at the same time and our numbers are exactly the same up to the last one where I am one number higher, I have to make sure that I click on the right number when entering passport info. I just type in the first number and both numbers appear.

The reason your passport numbers pop up when you type in the first number has nothing to do with RCL. It's because your computer is set to do that

Dump all the cookies on your computer and nothing is saved

Had the same issue tonight and finally was able to go in and print my Set Sail pass. The C&A information/history is still under "maintenance," however.

Tonight's glitches set me off but it happens way too often. Seems like every cruise, the last of which was less than a month ago.

In Royal Caribbean's system? I've found no place to put it. It may be on auto-save in your own browser if your browser supports that sort of info.

When you say you have to click on the right number, that leads me to think it's in your system - not in RCI's or there would only be one number and it would be linked to your name.

Gina

All of our info is auto-saved when it comes to filling out the Set Sail Information. From our names to address to birth dates, to emergency info to passport info. Have no idea who or where it is saved, but I don't have to type it in every time I do on-line check in.:D

I can tell you that when our RCI credit card is renewed...........the last 4 digits have always automatically appeared and the new expiration date shows up without my having to enter it.

Gina

An excellent suggestion! :D

Try changing browsers.

Try changing browsers.

That's an excellent suggestion. For some reason the last 2 days I've been getting a lot of errors loading pages - not RCI either - using Google Chrome. I just keep hitting reload and usually it comes up within a few tries. But not always. I sometimes have to open another tab and try again. I've even restarted my computer but google chrome keeps acting up. It may not be RCI's fault (for a change :p)

Gina

Another suggestion occurred to me this morning. The website asks for your time and method of arrival and also departure. In addition we are required to provide departure information while on board for the purpose of issuing colored luggage tags. Why don't they just use the information requested when you fill out the info on line?

Another suggestion occurred to me this morning. The website asks for your time and method of arrival and also departure. In addition we are required to provide departure information while on board for the purpose of issuing colored luggage tags. Why don't they just use the information requested when you fill out the info on line?

This is what I have wondered. I also put into my reservation that I want a table for 2. Agents are able to fill this in - I'm not sure if it can be done so specifically at the RCI website. To this day I've never been assigned a table for 2. The Loyalty Ambassador on my last cruise told me, as I booked another cruise, that the information in the reservation isn't visible to the dining room dept. who assigns the tables. So, what's the point in having us fill out all this info? At all seems meaningless.

We can also state if we are on consecutive cruises in the departure info you just mentioned. But it never gets passed on to the ship either if you don't call the consecutive cruiser desk prior to departure. :confused:

Are all of these questions there on the check in form for future use, should they decide they want to work it into their system at some point? I wonder what would happen if the passport info were entered wrong? Would they notice at check in? Or, they say the last 4 digits of the credit card must be the one you use on board. Would they notice if you gave them a different card? Or wanted to change cards? It would seem they use some of that information. But how do we know what they take seriously and what they don't?

I would really like to get the table assignment I request just once. And I supposedly qualify for priority dining seating according to the C&A benefits.

Gina

This is what I have wondered. I also put into my reservation that I want a table for 2. Agents are able to fill this in - I'm not sure if it can be done so specifically at the RCI website. To this day I've never been assigned a table for 2. The Loyalty Ambassador on my last cruise told me, as I booked another cruise, that the information in the reservation isn't visible to the dining room dept. who assigns the tables. So, what's the point in having us fill out all this info? At all seems meaningless.

We can also state if we are on consecutive cruises in the departure info you just mentioned. But it never gets passed on to the ship either if you don't call the consecutive cruiser desk prior to departure. :confused:

Are all of these questions there on the check in form for future use, should they decide they want to work it into their system at some point? I wonder what would happen if the passport info were entered wrong? Would they notice at check in? Or, they say the last 4 digits of the credit card must be the one you use on board. Would they notice if you gave them a different card? Or wanted to change cards? It would seem they use some of that information. But how do we know what they take seriously and what they don't?

I would really like to get the table assignment I request just once. And I supposedly qualify for priority dining seating according to the C&A benefits.

Gina

Last year my mom joined us on the Explorer to Burmuda. She presented a different CC card to the one entered on line at check in. The terminal agent did catch it and they had to redo some of the paperwork before she was allowed to board.

I agree that they should somehow integrate the info they collect on the website so that you don't have to provide the same info on board (otherwise why bother to ask).

Or, they say the last 4 digits of the credit card must be the one you use on board. Would they notice if you gave them a different card? Or wanted to change cards? It would seem they use some of that information. But how do we know what they take seriously and what they don't?

Gina

You can change cc numbers prior to boarding...........this is what is says during on line check in...........

"Please make sure all the information entered is correct and final prior to arrival at the pier. Changes may be made online up to 24 hours before the sailing. Making changes at the pier will cause a delay in your boarding process".

We've changed a cc used and it never delayed our boarding.

Gina

My feeling as well. I'm pretty sure that when I used to cruise with Carnival, the on-line check-in system SAVED my information.

Gina

i know you are a regular cruiser- so do you do this via a check in procedure, or a RCI agent- personally?

We seem to always get the table we want talking to our agent. Including a specific number on the Majesty, even booking only 4 weeks in advance.

You can change cc numbers prior to boarding...........this is what is says during on line check in...........

"Please make sure all the information entered is correct and final prior to arrival at the pier. Changes may be made online up to 24 hours before the sailing. Making changes at the pier will cause a delay in your boarding process".

We've changed a cc used and it never delayed our boarding.

I thought it said you must present that card. Apparently I read no further. We always use the same card so it's no problem. I just wondered what would happen. Thanks, you mean they know it's a different card? ;) And my browser does save the last 4 digits of a card for autofill purpose. I just have it set to not save any full credit card numbers for security purposes.

Gina

i know you are a regular cruiser- so do you do this via a check in procedure, or a RCI agent- personally?

We seem to always get the table we want talking to our agent. Including a specific number on the Majesty, even booking only 4 weeks in advance.

It's done at the time of the reservation. Even the LA on board filled it in that way, table for 2, while making the reservation. That's when she said it's not linked to dining services.

I'm able to get it changed when I board. In fact, I've been testing the 2 person request for late dining for some time now - just to see what will happen. When it doesn't happen (as usual), I go ahead and switch to MTD and get the table we want. Although on SR recently a headwaiter had the 8:30 time switched to a table for 2 so we didn't need to go to MTD.

The detailed info allows for large or small table to be selected or a specific number. And apparently no one gets the info - although they may get the basic large or small. Who knows at this point.

Gina

The reason your passport numbers pop up when you type in the first number has nothing to do with RCL. It's because your computer is set to do that

Dump all the cookies on your computer and nothing is saved

With Firefox, all info is permanently removed if you click on "Clear Recent History". I clean out individual cookies each night (which includes CC and RCI), and my info is still saved on my computer.

With Firefox, all info is permanently removed if you click on "Clear Recent History". I clean out individual cookies each night (which includes CC and RCI), and my info is still saved on my computer.

Clearing your history does only that - clears history. All form info is still saved. Clearing your cookies not only deletes form info but all your saved passwords, too. :eek: If I do that, I'll be lost. That's why I hate getting a new PC.

If your forms are still filling in, those cookies have not been cleared. RCI really should have a "save" option for info we want kept on their website for easier on line check in. Just like businesses allow us to save our credit card information at their site if we so desire (which I don't). I say yes to saved passport info and no to credit card info. The option is what I would like to see.

Gina

Clearing your history does only that - clears history. All form info is still saved. Clearing your cookies not only deletes form info but all your saved passwords, too. :eek: If I do that, I'll be lost. That's why I hate getting a new PC.

If your forms are still filling in, those cookies have not been cleared. RCI really should have a "save" option for info we want kept on their website for easier on line check in. Just like businesses allow us to save our credit card information at their site if we so desire (which I don't). I say yes to saved passport info and no to credit card info. The option is what I would like to see.

Gina

I agree with you Gina. Also, the debarkation information collected on the website needs to be provided to the Purser's office on board. It should not be necessary to fill out that extra debarkation time / method form on day 3 unless the information has changed from the day you complete your Set Sail Pass.

That's an excellent suggestion. For some reason the last 2 days I've been getting a lot of errors loading pages - not RCI either - using Google Chrome. I just keep hitting reload and usually it comes up within a few tries. But not always. I sometimes have to open another tab and try again. I've even restarted my computer but google chrome keeps acting up. It may not be RCI's fault (for a change :p)

Gina

Google Chrome is KILLING me lately too. I keep switching back and forth between GC, Mozilla, Internet Explorer. So annoying!

On another note - yes, excellent suggestion about RC saving our pertinant info!!! Esp passport number!!

Gina

Oops, I meant that this only happens if I click on "Remove All Cookies" not when I delete individual cookies. Remember, I'm computer illiterate.:o

I have a file set up with all passwords for sites just in case they get deleted.:p

Archived