Cheers package on Private Islands??

PeggyTC

I have read just about everything there is to read on the "Cheers" program and we are THRILLED that they have added it to the Liberty!!:D. Question though~~ Has anyone who purchased the package had a private island on their itinerary?? Half Moon Cay is owned by Carnival and they put on a lunch that goes with your cruise and you can use your sign and sail card to purchase drinks. It would only seem correct that the Cheers program would also be honored on the island ~ Am i correct?

Grrrr~ i really thought that since HMC is owned by Carnival they would have honored it. Oh well nice try ;) oh and Thanks for the answer

I believe HMC is owned by Holland America Line, and Carnival is simply allowed to use it, since it would otherwise sit empty during HAL's off-season. Then again, they're both under the Carnival Corp. & PLC umbrella, so this is mainly semantics. I'm sure they'd rather sell drinks on the HMC, rather than give them away under the Cheers program. After all, if the only way to get free (pre-paid) drinks is on the ship, the only way to get to them is ride the tender back. It won't be worth it to most people, so they'll pay. And that's revenue.

MY guess is that if it is not allowed at Half Moon it may be because there is a limit of 15 drinks per day and last I knew all orders on the island are handwritten so they would have no way of policing the limits set. People would just hit different servers and share or just get more than 15 drinks that day.

MY guess is that if it is not allowed at Half Moon it may be because there is a limit of 15 drinks per day and last I knew all orders on the island are handwritten so they would have no way of policing the limits set. People would just hit different servers and share or just get more than 15 drinks that day.

I called Carnival a while back, asking about the Cheers Program. There is NOT a 15 drink limit. The drinks that are included are unlimited. :)

I called Carnival a while back, asking about the Cheers Program. There is NOT a 15 drink limit. The drinks that are included are unlimited. :)

I believe I read recently that when you reach 15 in a day, the system somehow alerts the bartender that you have reached 15. There isn't a rule to cut you off, but are supposed to observe whether you've had a few too many before serving.

That said, pretty much any bartender out there is supposed to do this every time they serve a drink, so it really shouldn't be any sort of caveat.

call them every day and you will get different answers.

someone posted the FAQ and it was in there that there was a 15 per day limit. but not to say you get cut off at the 15th drink- system monitors your drinking at its at the descretion of the bar waiter if you can be served after the 15th drink in one 24 hour period

http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

I do know that even if you have a soda card--- soda cards are NOT good for room service or private islands.

With the cheers program- can you order a drink through room service-- the answer is no

Archived