What to Do in Nassau with Multiple Generations

Wippi6

Hello,

We are cruising to bahamas over Xmas and will be in Nassau on the 26th with Royal Carribean. We are going with my parents (80 years old), my husband and myself and our 4 kids ( ages, 14, 12, 4 & 2/12). My parents said we could do the dolphin encounter with the two older girls and they would do something with the little ones. First is the dolphin encounter worth it. Should we just try to get tickets to the waterpark at Atlantis, however little ones are not big enough for most of it. What would my parents do with the little ones. Is there something else anyone would suggest. We are so confused and are not sure what to do. FYI the waterpark is sold out online (70% of sales online, 30% held for on ship reservations) so there are still some spots but no guarantee of getting one. Please give us your suggestions, also anyone receommend the sea lions over the dolphins?

Thank to all

Are you talking about the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon? The little ones could do the dolphin encounter too. No swimming is required - you are just sitting or kneeling on a platform.

Or your parents and the little ones could get observer passes. Then they could watch you and the older ones. They could also get a beach day pass at Blue Lagoon and enjoy the beach while you're doing the encounter.

No its not at blue lagoon its at the Atlantis. We are doing the deep water swim with the dolphins possibly? The little ones only one of them the 4 year old could do the shallow water the other one 2 could not and as much as she would say she wants to do it, if it cam down to it, she may become a bit scared and I really don't want to pay that money and have her not do it. I would rather wait until she was older.

I haven't done the Atlantis dolphin encounter so I can't comment. But the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter was great. I thought it might work for your group since you could all go to the island together but not everyone would have to do the encounter. The others could enjoy the beach or watch the dolphins and sea lions.

Archived