Best time of year for....

yayvacation!

A Panama Canal Cruise?

A Galapagos Cruise?

Also - anyone that has done fall European cruises how have the crowds and weather been? I don't want to go to Europe when it's crazy busy but I also don't want to freeze. I'm looking at either England or Italy based cruises.

I have no experience with any of these destinations so any information is helpful.

Thanks!

Andrea

Great choices in cruises!

We have done 3 Panama Canal cruises all in Apr/May timeframe. We chose then as we did not want any hurricane issues on the Atlantic/Caribbean side vs sailing in October timeframe.

Our luck though, in 2009, 2 days into our cruise we were told we would miss all of Mexico due to Swine Flu, so.......

For the Galapagos, we chose early November. There are various seasons and each one has pluses and minuses. We chose a dryer season with a number of newborn babies to be seen, but then we knew we would not get to see other animals (reason to do a return trip ;)). I would suggest going to a number of websites to check on when animals/plants are at their peak and what temperatures are during the year and look for what appeals to you the most, then book for that timeframe. Water is cold even though close to to equator as there is a arctic water stream that flows up the S. American west coast and turns west towards the Galapagos. One reason for penguins.

Have no experience on European. We want to do one, but have not done one yet.

For Europe (with the caveat that everyobe's weather is topsy turvy these days!) Septmber is a lovely time.

Italy should be warmer than the UK and it will not be too hot for sightseeing. UK although a little cooler can have nice weather around then.

We too chose november for Galapagos saw some more of some things and less of others. It is an all year round place.

Archived